Chapter Seven: Joseph

Mia's Point Of View

How the hell did you get into this situation? Laying next to a guy that you barely know.

You just lost your virginity last night. As the Hodge twins say, you've gotten some "strange" last night. And it was, absolutely no doubt. Brandon was the man that was supposed to take your virginity, or whoever you married. Dad would be so ashamed of me right now if he was here.

You snore. And you drool. Should I even leave unannounced? It would definitely make it less awkward. But then you'd probably shoot me a text asking why I left and if you didn't please me. God, why the fuck am I even here?

Should I just do a "Boomerang" and leave two hundred dollars on the side table? Just be a total bitch about it? Jesus, what the hell is wrong with me? I don't even know how to act after something like this. This is all new to me. The last time I ever even seen some type of sexual stuff is in the movie "Adulterers". And we all know how that turned out, don't we?

Shit, you're waking up.

I ran to the bathroom as fast as I can, my blanket still wrapped around me so that Joe can't see my body. I mean, he's already seen every inch of it. But is this what post-sex awkwardness is like? Ashamed?

My makeup from last night is still on my face. Hello, acne. Would Joe be mad if I used one of his washcloths to wipe it all off? Screw it.

"I need to talk to you", is the message that I sent to Camille. The only friend that I have that I know I can trust at this point. It's 7am though. She's probably asleep.

I just remembered that Stephanie lives next door. She probably heard everything. She might think it's just a random girl that Joe brought over.

It's not even her fucking business anyway, so why even try to make an excuse if she were to see me do my walk of shame out of Joe's apartment. Fuck her. And fuck Brandon, too. He's dead to me.

There was a knock on the bathroom door. "Are you okay?"

I sighed. "Y-Yeah. I'll be out in a second." Shit! Now you're up. What the hell even happens after sex? Have a nice, genuine talk about our night and what we plan for today? Me? Work. I just hope I'll be able to make it in time after my explanation of how this was a big mistake, driving home, explaining to Marnie what happened in a non-disgusting way, getting ready, and then taking yet another fifteen minute drive to work.

Yeah, I'm fucked.

I opened the door to the bathroom. Joe was standing there, now fully dressed. "Sorry." I said. "Did you need to use-"

"I wanted to talk to you. But you can get dressed and I can make breakfast for you." Joe responded.

I pulled the blanket up, covering my collarbone. "Umm, I really need to get to work."

"I called in for you." Joe replied.

"You did what?" I asked.

"You're under a lot of stress. Especially after what happened last night, which I will not mention again unless you want me to. I want to talk to you." Joe explained.

I frowned. "Fine."

~

"So, what happened last night?" Joe questioned.