Chapter Eleven: Freak

Author's Note: Rest In Peace, Naya Rivera 💔🙏🏼
~~~~~~

I threw my phone as hard as I could against the wall. "Why the fuck is nobody helping me!?" I yelled.

"Mia, calm down."

"I can't, Cami. I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't!"

I felt like Elena in that one scene of The Vampire Diaries. Before she tried to burn her house and broke down in tears. Everything in my life has gone to shit, and instead of getting help, it's just getting worse. Now even Marnie doesn't want to help me.

I'm so lost right now.

Cami walked over to where my phone was and picked it up. "You just bought this thing." She then went over to me and grabbed my shoulders. "I need you to look at me, Mimi."

"They're gonna get away with this. Whoever killed Stephanie. They're gonna get away with this. They probably already ran away. Fuck, what if they left the country? What if it was more than one person? Holy fuck, I-"

"Can you two please stop?" I hear Marnie ask. I turned around to see her hair half done, styled in cornrows. But she looks like she had just woken up.

"Look, I understand that she's dead. But you're overreacting. Whoever did this is gonna be caught. Calm down." She added, before going back to her room.

Camille sighed. "She's right, you know?"

"I'm overreacting?" I questioned.

"No, not that part. They're gonna be caught. You really need to calm down."

I started to tear up. "Why is everyone in my life leaving me?"

Camille sighed again, and gave me a hug.

~
Joe's Point Of View

Remorse.

Deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed. The last time I felt remorse, was with you, Beck. I can't take this feeling anymore. You're breaking me, Mia. Why am I feeling remorse when they deserved it? Maybe what I've done is unforgivable, and I have ruined many people's lives, but I wasn't going to just sit there and watch them ruin yours. I would do anything and everything I can for you.

Obviously.

You and Camille keep posting "Rest In Peace" pictures on Instagram and Facebook. I understand Camille, because at the end of the day she never fucked her life up. But if you have all that hate built up after you found out what happened, why you? I don't understand it. At all.

Blythe walked over to the register, while rubbing her lips with a pen. "I'm thinking about writing a new book." She announced.

"Really?" I asked in the most uninterested tone. Because I was in fact, uninterested.

"Yes. The main issue is, it's sort of like an interview/response type of story. The only thing is, the person I want to interview doesn't want to speak to me." Blythe explained.

You won the fucking Encore Award by only assuming what happened to Beck, you'll be fine. "And who is this person?" I asked.

"Mia." Blythe answered.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. "Mia?" I asked.

"Her boyfriend left her for her best friend that was just recently murdered." Blythe answered. "It's not only a "juicy" story, as the millennials call it nowadays, it also gives you a mindset into how all three of them thought."