Chapter Sixteen

Taehyung chuckled with furrowed eyebrows as he leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms as he looked at the older with a small smile on his full lips, "What happened? Are you okay?" He asked, a little worried Jungkook was in pain because of his sprained shoulder, but he got a nod in return, "Then what's wrong?"

"I hate that I have to ask this but, is it alright if I stay the night tonight?" Jungkook asked as he scratched the back of his head rather awkwardly. He hated having to ask Taehyung for such a favor, especially since they've barely known each other a month. He didn't want to make Taehyung feel uncomfortable either, so he didn't know if staying at his house that night would be crossing the line or not.

He was waiting for the other to freak out and tell him he couldn't stay there, but he was met with a smiling Taehyung as he nodded and moved out of the way, opening the door wider for him to enter the house. He was a little shocked that the brunette boy was complying so easily, and he wanted to make sure if it was okay with him, but before he could, he felt fingers wrap around his wrist before being pulled through the front entrance.

Usually, Taehyung wasn't allowed to have friends or anyone over-not even family. But since his parents were out of town and wouldn't be back for another week, he was able to do this and get away with it without them knowing about it. He closed the door when he pulled Jungkook through, locking it right after before turning around and leaning back against the front door with folded arms.

"What's wrong with your house? Miss me too much?" Taehyung teased with a boxy grin on his lips, causing Jungkook to laugh, throwing his head back with bouncing shoulders before he shook his head as a response. The small brunette boy just smiled before walking to the kitchen, "Want anything before I go and make up the guest bedroom?"

"No thanks, I'm good."

"You sure? You don't want a water or anything?" Taehyung questioned as he opened the refrigerator door, sticking his head inside and grabbing himself a water as Jungkook shook his head in response again. The younger rolled his eyes as he grabbed another one, not taking no for an answer before tossing it to him, the other catching it with ease, "Too bad, you're getting one anyway."

"Thanks," the raven-haired boy chuckled out before setting it down on the counter beside him. Taehyung just nodded with a hum as he brought the bottle to his lips, allowing the refrigerator door to shut. The brunette's eyes landed on the other's shoulder, the ice pack still taped around his shoulder and under his arm to keep it there. The ice surely had have been melted by now, and Taehyung took note of that, "Do you need another ice pack?"

Jungkook just stared at the small brunette boy with a small adoring smile on his lips before nodding his head as a response. Taehyung set his water bottle down on the counter before opening the freezer portion, grabbing an ice pack for the older male before walking over to him and carefully examining the taped ice pack on his shoulder. He reached down and grabbed his hand gently, tugging him for the older to follow him, leading him upstairs.

Once they were on the top floor, he opened a door and flipped the switch, turning on the light, revealing a queen-sized bed in the middle of the room, with a fluffy white comforter and pillows. The room looked cozy, something Jungkook really liked about it. He felt Taehyung tug his hand again, signaling for him to sit down on the bed, to which he did.

The brunette handed him the ice pack before carefully un-taping the ice pack around his shoulder. He tried doing it as gently as possible, earning a few winces and hisses from the older boy, mumbling quick and quiet apologies every time he hurt him on accident. When he successfully got the tape off and had the, now melted, ice pack no longer on his shoulder, he carefully rolled up the other's short sleeve and examined his shoulder.