Chapter Sixty

Jungkook heard the front door click shut, indicating his parents were gone and heading for the taxi that was waiting just outside their apartment building. The ravenette was sitting in the living room on the couch with the tv playing in the background, a show or movie dancing across the screen, but all of it was just background noise to him, as he gnawed at his bottom lip.

he was nervous to bring this subject up to Taehyung. He didn't know how to, either. He knew Taehyung has been the happiest he's been in such a long time, and he didn't want to ruin it by bringing up his parents. He didn't want to be the one to ruin his happiness.

But he knew his parents were right, he had to let Taehyung know about his parents and the warrant out for them. He couldn't hide it, because Taehyung would either hear it from Jungkook's parents themselves, or he'll see it somewhere else.

Sighing, he fished his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through his contacts, tapping on his boyfriend's name. He sent him a text, asking how things were going and how he was, before setting it down on the coffee table, waiting for a reply back.

In all honesty, he was worried about Taehyung being out and his parents in town. He didn't want the brunet to run into them while he was out supposed to be having fun with his friends. He was a little anxious for Taehyung to already be home, in his arms, cuddling on the couch, knowing the smaller was safe.

But he didn't want to be a clingy boyfriend, so he tried keeping his mind occupied by doing homework he knew needed to be done, or a project that was due in a few days. But all the math problems and equations in his textbook and written in his notebook weren't making much sense as his eyes always went back to his phone.

He scribbled on his math homework, hoping whatever he was writing down was the correct answer to the questions. An hour passed and still no text from Taehyung. He sighed, reaching for his phone and checking again, going to his messages, debating if he should send a second one.

His thumbs hovered over the screen for what seemed like forever, until he eventually decided to place it back down on the table. He cleaned up his mess, throwing his bag off to the side and laying down on the couch, eyes going to the tv. Something was playing, something he wasn't paying attention to, his eyes going to his phone and checking to see if the brunet had messaged him back.

Each time, he was met with a blank home screen, and he tried to ignore the anxious feeling building up in his chest. He set his phone back down, watching the time slowly pass by. Five o'clock turned into six o'clock, which turned into seven o'clock, then eight o'clock.

Jungkook was having a hard time falling asleep on the couch, and as the night continued to grow, the more anxious Jungkook was getting. He sighed when he read the time again, seeing how Taehyung hadn't even read the message yet. The longer Taehyung didn't answer Jungkook, the more frustrated the ravenette was getting.

The sound of the door opening snappd Jungkook away from his thoughts and eyes away from the tv. His gaze flickered over to Taehyung who was wearing a boxy grin on his face as he peeled his jacket off his shoulders. The raven-haired boy was relieved the younger was finally home, but he was a little annoyed he was ignored for hours.

His eyes went back to the tv screen, staying quiet as Taehyung kicked off his shoes by the front door. The brunet looked at the older with slightly furrowed brows, not used to Jungkook not greeting him as soon as he got home.

"Hey," Taehyung said, loud enough to be heard over the loud television so his boyfriend could hear him. Jungkook looked away from the screen momentarily, gaze landing on his boyfriend who was standing behind the couch, looking down at him a little worriedly.