Chapter Fifty-Two

"Jungkook, I think we should talk," his mom said, her voice a little bewildered as she looked at her son and the boy he was carrying bridal style. Jungkook looked back and forth between his parents, both of them holding different expressions.

"Yeah. Sure." He nodded as he began to carefully walk to his bed, climbing the steps until he was standing on Taehyung's side of the bed, "Just let me get him into bed."

He carefully laid down his sleeping boyfriend, covering him up with the thick comforter, but Taehyung stirred awake. His eyes fluttered open, looking up at Jungkook with confusion as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"Kookie?"

"Shh. Go back to sleep, baby." He kissed his forehead before reaching over and grabbing his pillow, giving it to Taehyung so he could hug it until he gets back, "Here, cuddle with this until I get back."

"You're not coming to bed?" Taehyung yawned, covering his mouth with the back of his hand, completely unaware that Jungkook's parents were home and standing in the doorway of his bedroom.

"No, I am. I just have to do something really quickly," Jungkook answered sweetly, smiling at his sleepy boyfriend as he hugged the pillow to his chest, inhaling Jungkook's faint scent that still lingered in the thin pillowcase.

"Jungkook," his dad called, unable to hear or see what was going on by his bed. Taehyung was wide awake now, jolting up from the bed, his eyes on the two dark figures standing in the doorway of his boyfriend's bedroom.

His breathing began to pick up, eyes wide as the first thought that came to his mind were his parents had found him. Jungkook seen how his breathing was a lot faster than usual, causing him to kneel down beside the bed and take his boyfriend's hands in his own.

"Baby, calm down," Jungkook whispered soothingly, reaching a hand up and cupping his cheek. "Tae, baby, look at me. I need you to look at me." The command was gentle, and it was enough to get Taehyung to tear his eyes away from the pair in the doorway.

His eyes met Jungkook's, his breathing still labored a little. He sounded and felt like he was out of breath completely, like he had ran a marathon, and he didn't like the way it felt like his chest was constricting him from breathing.

"Baby, I need you to breathe, okay?" Jungkook softly asked, but Taehyung was beginning to panic when he saw one of the dark figures take a step inside the room, his eyes snapping back over. Jungkook turned his neck to see his mom had taken a few steps inside his room. "Can you guys please give us a minute?"

His parents were a little hesitant and confused, nodding slowly before leaving the bedroom, closing the door behind them gently. Jungkook then turned back around and refocused his attention on his panicking boyfriend.

"Tae, they're just my parents, alright?" Jungkook spoke sweetly, "They're just my parents. They're not going to hurt you."

Taehyung seemed to relax and calm down some more, taking deep breaths with Jungkook who held his hands against his chest. The brunet boy was no longer trembling after a little while longer, now completely calmed down as Jungkook stood up a little and wrapped his arms around the smaller.

"I thought they weren't supposed to be back until Saturday?" Taehyung whispered, burying his face in his boyfriend's shoulder as Jungkook held him tightly against him.

"I know. I thought so, too, but they got a chance to come home earlier. I'm sorry, baby. If I would've known I would've given you a heads-up," Jungkook whispered again.

Taehyung shook his head, pulling away as he gently smiled at him. "No, it's okay. I just panicked and I thought..." he trailed off, too ashamed to voice what his mind had done to him.