Chapter Sixty-Four

Taehyung walked around his bedroom at his old house, packing some more clothes and things he wanted to take back to Jungkook's apartment. Jungkook was helping him, packing things in a few bags and boxes.

The brunet hummed a small tune to himself as he packed some things. Jungkook had music playing in the background as they packed. However, Jungkook was more fascinated with the sweet tune his boyfriend was humming more than the light music coming from his phone.

He smiled as he packed some of his boyfriend's clothes in a suitcase while Taehyung packed his shoes and other things he wanted to bring with him. He chuckled softly every now and then every time Taehyung got bored and hummed something else.

They haven't spoken since they've gotten here, both too busy with trying to get as many things packed and in the car before they left. Jungkook's mom wanted them home and out of that house by a certain time, and right now, they were trying to hurry and get out of there as fast as they could.

Neither one of them wanted to be there for longer than they needed to be. Taehyung was still paranoid his parents would magically show up, and he didn't want to face them. He was skeptical with showing up in the beginning and tried talking Jungkook and his parents into just leaving his things there and claimed he had enough clothes to get him through for a while.

But they all disagreed and claimed he needed to pack the things he needed and wanted. Reluctantly, Taehyung agreed after a few days of trying to convince them otherwise. So, now they're here, packing some of his belongings with smiles on their faces and anxiety settling in their chests.

With every hour that passed, Taehyung grew more and more anxious to get out of there and back at Jungkook's place where he felt safe and comfortable. But he still had a few things to pack before they left, which only made him more anxious to leave.

Jungkook's been helpful by keeping the boy busy with packing and playing music in the background. It seemed to be working, which was a good thing to Jungkook since his boyfriend wasn't having any anxiety and panic attacks.

His phone began to ring, cutting off the music and grabbing the two boys' attention. The ravenette grabbed his phone that was laying on the younger's bed, reading the name that flashed across his screen. He answered he call, pressing the phone against his ear.

"What do you want?" He asked, causing Taehyung to giggle cutely at the older as he continued packing. He heard a muffled voice from the phone, but he couldn't make out whose it was, so he stayed silent until his boyfriend ended the call. "Yeah, I'll be there in a sec. Bye."

Jungkook ended the call, catching Taehyung's attention as he looked over at him and noticed he had stuffed his phone in his pocket and stopped packing. "Who was that?" The brunet boy asked.

"That was Hoseok," He answered, "Apparently his car broke down when he was with Jimin and the others and he needs a ride."

Taehyung nodded with a hum as he placed a picture frame in a box. "How long will you be gone?" He questioned, his eyes on his boyfriend who looked back at him confusedly.

"Me? Don't you mean we? I'm not leaving you here by yourself," Jungkook declared, only causing the brunet to giggle as he shook his head. "I still don't trust us being here. Especially since we still don't know where your parents are. You're coming with me."

"Kook, I think I'll be fine by myself for a few minutes," Taehyung claimed as he walked to his closet and examined it, seeing if there was anything else he wanted to bring with him. "Just bring the guys back here so they can help us with all this packing. We have to be back at your place in about an hour anyway and we could use as much help we can get."

Jungkook was reluctant but nodded nevertheless, promising Taehyung he would be back in just a few minutes. The brunet nodded, pecking his boyfriend's lips and watching him dart out of the bedroom.

He smiled as he folded some clothes and placed them in a suitcase, listening for the front door and hearing it slam shut. Now he was left alone, his anxiety not creeping up on him as he folded clothes, knowing he was now by himself in a house that haunted him.

He seemed calmer than he should've been when being there, and he couldn't help but feel like he was finally getting over all the overwhelming feelings he would once feel when he came here in the past before he moved in with Jungkook.

Not even five minutes later, Taehyung swore he heard the front door open and shut. His eyebrows scrunched as his head snapped to his closed bedroom door. He looked at the time on his phone, thinking Jungkook was already back and there were some sort of change of plans.

He threw down a pair of pants he had in his hands, making his way over to his door and opening it. He stepped out of his bedroom, walking to the stairs. "Kookie?" He called, his voice echoing throughout the house as he slowly descended the stairs.

There was no answer, causing him to think his boyfriend didn't hear him. He hit the last step, looking around and seeing he wasn't in the living room. He felt confused at this point, arms wrapping around his waist as he hugged himself. "Kook? Are you back already?"

There was still no answer, and now Taehyung was beginning to think someone had broken into the house. He felt that anxiety settle in his chest and stomach as he slowly reached for his phone in his front jeans pocket.

His heart was pounding against his chest, the thumps heard within his ears as he tried to keep his breathing steady and calm. His body began shaky and trembling as he tried not making any sudden noises, wanting to see who had broken into the house.

The tips of his fingers brushed against his phone, taking cautious steps towards the kitchen where he was hearing some commotion going on. His phone was in his hand as he pressed himself against the wall to stay hidden before peeking around the corner.

His eyes landed on who was in the kitchen, and he felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. Time felt like it went still as his phone slipped past his hands, landing on the hard floor, the sounding ricocheting off the walls, causing eyes to be on him now.