Chapter Forty-Nine

Taehyung walked out of class to see Jungkook standing by his locker, his hands in his pockets and resting his head against the metal doors. He stopped in his tracks for no known reason, as his fingers gripped the straps to his bag.

He and Jungkook haven't really been on speaking terms since this morning, and they were already heading to their last class of the day. He felt bad for getting upset with Jungkook over his parents and their next steps.

But he didn't like feeling pressured to do something he wasn't ready to do, but he didn't mean for everything to be tense every time they saw each other or were around one another.

Sighing, he walked up to his locker, his steps quiet and slow, but Jungkook heard them and the sound caused him to open his eyes and meet Taehyung's gaze. Everybody walked right by them, occasionally staring, whispering, and pointing, like they do everyday.

The small brunet boy stopped in front of his boyfriend, arms wrapped around himself as he looked up with glossy eyes. He tugged on his bottom lip harshly, turning the pink flesh a bright red as his body started trembling with nerves.

"Hey," he spoke quietly, feeling vulnerable. He hated it when Jungkook was mad at him-although this would be the first time Jungkook has ever been mad or irritated with him-he still hated it.

"Hey," Jungkook whispered loud enough for his boyfriend to hear. He looked down at him with half-lidded eyes as Taehyung hesitantly reached out and grabbed the fabric of the older's hoodie and tugged on it lightly.

"Can... can I talk to you?" He asked, looking down at his boyfriend's hoodie to avoid eye contact when Jungkook's gaze became too intense for him to hold.

Jungkook sighed, nodding his head as he pushed himself off the lockers. Taehyung dropped his hands and hugged himself again, looking up at the ravenette with almost sad eyes. "Where?" He queried.

"Is it alright if we go to the roof?" He questioned gently, "It's a lot quieter, and there's more privacy."

The older nodded as he took his boyfriend's hand in his and led him to the stairwell that led to the roof of their school building. It was nice to feel Jungkook's hand in his after all day of not seeing or touching him.

Jungkook pushed open the door to the roof, allowing Taehyung to walk passed first. The brunet smiled softly at him as he walked by, taking off his bag and setting it on the ground before walking to the ledge of the roof and leaning against the wall.

The raven-haired boy did the same, following Taehyung until he was standing right next to him, putting some distance between them as they looked out onto the school's parking lot.

Taehyung noticed the distance between them, and it stung a little knowing Jungkook was mad at him. His mood dampened a little more as he looked down at his hands and began playing with his fingers.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered, catching Taehyung off guard. He looked over at him, but he couldn't help but smile a little knowing Jungkook beat him to it.

"That's my line," he spoke softly, and he heard Jungkook release a deep chuckle as he looked over and smiled gently at him, "I'm sorry, too."

"No, you're right," the ravenette told the younger, looking down at the parking lot, "I have no right to push you to do something you're not comfortable doing, and I'm sorry."

"But I am sorry, too, Kookie." The younger turned so he was now facing his boyfriend, eyes soft and smile gentle as he tugged on the sleeve to his boyfriend's hoodie, "I know you're just trying to look after me, and you're trying to protect me, and I'm sorry for getting upset."