Chapter 8: The Darkness Within the Heart

Earlier,
"How is the scouting?" Shockwave asked his soldiers, "There were a lot of these strange creatures, Blixer told us these things are called the Heartless. Also we still have no sign of Ace and his companions." Commando Steve told him. "Well keep searching, I won't let them stop me from my plans for Mother of Corruption sake!! Leave no uncorrupted shapes alive..." Shockwave said gripping his fist tight. Commando Steve lead his troops on the search again, Shockwave sulked on his throne as stress building up in his head. "Mother of Corruption, is there anything to help me with?" "It seems you're having a hard time around dealing with your enemies." Shockwave jolted up and looked around for the voice. "Who are you!? How did you get in here while my guard is at their post!?" Shockwave growled. A white-haired boy walked out from behind the pillars, he walked up to Shockwave and did a quick bow. "My name is Xehanort, you wish for some help?" Shockwave looked at the boy and laughed. "Why do you want to help me? What is your offering?" Shockwave said, "I will give you the power of the darkness, you will have control of the Heartless." Xehanort told him. "And giving me the power of darkness will make me stronger?" "Indeed, it will help you shatter your enemies into pieces. Do we have a deal?" Shockwave thought about it and chuckled darkly...

"Deal...."

Shockwave got hit by something dark right in his heart, he fell to his knees as he felt the darkness in his heart became stronger. Xehanort then summoned a dark portal and walked through, leaving the world as Shockwave screams in pain.

The pain stopped and Shockwave got up, he looked at his hands and noticed the dark mist flowing around it. He snapped his fingers and a few Heartless appeared, he loved his new power. Then Shockwave noticed slightly faded light red rings and dark red shading on the fingers of his left hand. He thought it was paint or blood, so he went to the bathroom and tried to wash it off. It didn't come off, he tried again and again but it still didn't come off. "What is happening to me?" Shockwave whispered to himself. "Lord Shockwave? Are you in there? Is everything alright?" That was Gunslinga's voice, "Yes I'm fine, don't worry about me." Shockwave lied. "Listen Lord Shockwave, I overheard you and someone else having a conversation. Something about how you want to be strong enough to shatter the heroes." Gunslinga said. Shockwave walked out of the bathroom with his hands in his pockets. "That's correct, this power will bring us to victory! This darkness in my heart, it's the key!" Shockwave told him. "But my instincts telling me it's bad, I don't know what will happen to you." Gunslinga said with a concern look. "You're just paranoid, nothing will happen to me." "But it will be bad! Listen to me for once! It will possibly become more powerful than you can handle!!!" Gunslinga angrily told him. "You dare raise your voice at me!? You are my link!! NOTHING IS HAPPENING TO YOU!!!" Shockwave said then he smacked Gunslinga right where the scar is. "That means everything is fine! You are dismissed..." Shockwave walked away frustrated and Gunslinga walked the other way, he swear he saw something red on his fingers. His claws aren't sharp enough to have blood on them or the corrupted's blood isn't red....

--With Sora and the others--

Sora and the other shapes made it back to the Volcano along with the four Shovel Kingdom shapes. Ace is getting better from being dreadful after Cube was shattered, a grey blur went passed them. "SCORPIO!!! I KNEW YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!" King Usurper said a he crushing Ace in a big hug. "Should we tell him that's not Scorpio?" Flowers asked, "Let him have his moment...." Macabre said. "That's not Scorpio!" Lua said, "Hey! Old man! That's our brother for treeangle sake!!" Ryan said. King Usurper looked at Ace and now realized that Ace isn't Scorpio. "My apologies, I didn't know your not Scorpio! I just-" King Usurper let go of Ace then fell to his knees again as he coughed harshly again. Ace got up and walked over to him, "Are you ok!?" "I'm *cough* fine...It's just the scepter*cough cough* is running low and it's *COUGH* causing me to slowly turn old again *COUGH COUGH*" King Usurper sat down and leaned to a wall. "We need to think of an plan, we got to infiltrate the fortress in order to reach to Shockwave. We failed once, but we can do it again if we're stealthy enough." Then Ace told everyone his plan.

While Ace was telling the plan, Gunslinga was spying on them in the shadows. "So they are planning on infiltrating stealthily..." then he felt something sharp on his neck. "If you try to run, I'll cut you in half without hesitation." he looked back and saw Lycan in her corrupted form. She took Gunslinga in and push him to the ground, everyone noticed it and pulled out their weapons. "He was spying on us! Little damn rat!" Lycan said as she kicked Gunslinga's side. He groaned in pain and hold his side from that, Gunslinga looked a bit scared from this. Ace dash at him with his sword until Sora blocked it, Ace got knocked back and his Sacred Weapon disappeared. "Treeangle Christ Sora!! Why did you stop me!? He heard about our plan and will report this to Shockwave!" Ace growled. "Don't you see, he looked scared instead of fighting!" Sora told him, Ace looked at Gunslinga and noticed his face have a mark like he got slapped. "What happened to you?" "Me and Shockwave had a....chat...." Gunslinga said rubbing the mark. "It look and sound like it's not a very happy one." Donald said, "Tell us what happened!" Ace said.

Gunslinga told them what happened when they had a chat, "So I came help you reach to Lord Shockwave." Gunslinga said. "You think we can listen to you!?" Lycan growled, "Why should we trust you?" Vex asked. "Because, he's going mad with his new power soon...." "What do you mean by new power?" Lua calmly asked. "Darkness...He made a deal with a young boy that was not from here. I'm familiar with him but not very much about him, sorry for the unfortunate but I think one of you know about that boy. I'm starting to feel scared on what he just got himself into, that's why I came to you for help." Gunslinga said. Everyone looked at each other then they looked back at Gunslinga, "Okay, we will help you." Ace said. Gunslinga gave a map of the fortress, he then parted away from the group an returned to the fortress.

Gunslinga was heading to his room until Idols tug his long ponytail, he turned around and kneel to her height level. "What is it, little one?" "I...I had a nightmare, it's about 3 giant monsters and an army of those things called Heartless. One is a broken centipede, another is a tainted-winged moth, and the last one is a dragon full of darkness inside his heart. They looked at me with their yellow eyes like they are craving for something from me. Gunslinga, is it going to come true?" Idols told him with a scared expression. "It's not going to be true, maybe I will prevent it from coming true. You don't need to worry about it, why don't ya find Blixer and play with him. I will probably be busy for a while, you got it?" Gunslinga said petting her head. "O-Okay" Idols said then ran off, "What are you planning to do, Shockwave?" he thought as he continued heading to his room....