Chapter 11: Shattered

Backside of a cloth was gently pressed against the surface of the mirror in front of her. The fact that a mirror was dirty was annoying that little part of her mind that she had left. That little part that didn't drown in darkness. Her eyes were moving in same rhythm as her hand moved a cloth.
What was she actually trying to do?
Clean the sight she saw in front of her everytime she stood in front of mirror?
Sight of her looking lifeless?
Yes.
She couldn't bare to look at herself like that.
But either, she couldn't bring herself to change it.
Those news she got in over a week ago, just broke her. Completely.
After seeing it on TV, she immidiately reached for her phone and dialed every single number she could think of.
Not caring that it was 3 o'clock in the morning, she even went to the police station too search for any informations.
They showed her pictures of all survivors and told her everything they knew.
None of those pictures had that specific person on them.

Jungkook.

She got less than 6 hours of sleep for a whole week.
She couldn't even eat properly anymore. All appetite she felt earlier, dissapeared.
But Mira constantly kept reminding her that she had to do it for the child in her tummy.
She would spent all time in bed, crying all pain out.
She had no wish to do anything except that.

Y/n stopped moving her hand and just stared at herself in the mirror.
Pale skin, dark curcles under her eyes, messy hair, lips glued into straight line.
In that very moment, memory of her beloved flashed right before her eyes.
That caused her to press the cloth so hard against the mirror that it broke a bit.
She moved cloth away and locked her gaze with a little broken part of glass.
But it annoyed her more, and what she did next was to take a mirror of the wall and throw it on the ground.
Millions of glass pieces lied all over the bathroom floor.
Anger took over her and caused her to react like that.
But, she wasn't regretting it.
That pieces of a mirror reminded her of her heart. They both looked the same.
Shattered.

Hot tears fought their way out and made her cheeks wet.
Scream escaped her mouth as she fell on her knees, not caring about tiny glass cuting her skin.
She continued crying there, sitting in the middle of a bathroom, alone, hugging herself with some screams appearing from time to time.
She just needed someone to help her to heal.
Someone...
She knew exactly who she needed.
But that one Is now sleeping in the deepest of Pacific ocean.
And it's not gonna wake up.
She will have to battle this fight alone.
All on her own.