Chapter 13: Illusion

As darkness filled the room both inside and outside, Jungkook found himself lying in bed, completely awake, his head full of thoughts. The clock on the wall on the opposide side of where he was was showing 01:37 a.m. He couldn't sleep because he wasn't tired at all, but mostly because of specific thought and memories hunting him in his mind. He was thinking about the situation he got himself in. About those things he done wrong. About his next steps and plans.  His family. Y/n and his child. He felt anger towards her no more. This time he knew that child she was carring six years ago was his. Jungkook was very curious about his child's life. Is it a boy or a girl? Maybe twins? Is it happy? Did he or she mind growing up without their dad? He couldn't help but have that thought crossing his mind as well: Was it even born?
His whole body tensed up at that.
What if there were compications while birth giving? What if they...
Didn't make it?
What if she lost the baby?

Jungkook really hated his mind for going to the wrong direction in most situation.
He could feel himself slightly panicking.
He sat up straight and placed his face in his hands, rubbing it in frustrastion and nervousness.
There were also tears in the corners of his eyes.
He wouldn't be able to bare it if anything happened to them.
He hated himself for reacting that way. For yelling at her, for hurting her, making her cry, almost hitting her, and considering that she would do something like cheating. She was too precious and innocent for it. She gave herself to him completely because she had trust in him. She loved him. Then why would she go and sleep with another guy behind his back just because she wanted to? How could he be so stupid? So blind?

Those drugs Loren was giving him took the best of him. Completely erasing the right state of his mind and body.

Clock was showing 01:57 a.m.
Jungkook could not take it anymore. He had to go out for some fresh air.
He was aware of the fact that he was staying in somebody else's house. Sneaking out in the middle of the night would probably get him in trouble, but he was ready to risk it, even for something little as five minutes outside.
He tiptoed and as quietly as possible, left the house.
He stood in front of main door, taking deep breaths, letting the cold air of the night hit his skin, as he was wearing short-sleeve T-shirt and pair of sweatpants. His body didn't gain back 100% of his energy yet, so he felt slight pain in his legs from walking earlier and standing, but then again, it won't kill him. If that plane crush didn't, nothing will.
His eyes wondered around the house. Street in front of him, houses on both sides. Some trees there and there. Some buildings could be seen in the distance, meaning that city center wasn't that far away.

New York.
City of dreams.
Many loud car sounds playing from somewhere near.
He would lie if he said that he had never been here before. Mulltiple Times, actually. With boys, on concerts. But he never got a chance to expore it. He would probably never find out about this part of the town.
His eyes slowly closed, cold air still hitting on his face. He wanted to enjoy it as much as possible, as he was going to enter the house again in just a matter of seconds.
His hearing sharpened and his eyes shot open as he thought he heard a very familliar sound from somewhere near.
He tried to ignore all car sound and focus on the specific one.
He heard it again.
A piano sound.
Female voice.
Familliar song he heard before.

His feet dragged themselfs a couple steps to the front.
Walking fast, and then running, he was getting farther and farther away from his previous position, following that voice.
At some point, he got really tired and had to stop to catch a breath. As he did so, he raised his head and his gaze glued on something in front of him.

A young girl.
She had her back facing him.
Jungkook didn't realise why was he staring at her like that.
That was until she turned around.
He immidiately recognised her.
That smile is hard to forget. That voice, eyes, hair, scent...
It was...

Y/n.
She still looked as young as the last time he had seen her.
His gaze softened.
After who knows how long, his eyes traveled to something in her arms.
The Baby.

The baby was dressed yellow clothes and wrapped in some kind of blanket.
And was smilling.
Baby's little hands raised to touch Y/n's nose. As she did it, smile on it's face became bigger and it began laughing.
Y/n had huge smile painted on her face as well.
They seemed to have so much fun, while Jungkook stood just a few steps away from them, looking at them frozen, not being able to do anything, to even move.
All of the sudden, he got his senses back and rushed to them.
However, as he was coming closer, Y/n still didn't notice him nor did she raised her head to look at him.
He raised his hand, wanting to gently place it on her shoulder, but...
His hand just went through her body and both Y/n and the baby just dissapeared, in the blink of an eye.
Jungkook was looking around, trying to find them, but nothing.
That's when he realised that his mind was just messing with him.
That didn't make him feel any better.
At that moment he felt even more worried. Wouldn't the baby be something around six years now? Why would the illusion he just saw show a baby, not older than a few moths? And Y/n not older for even a bit?
A panick rushed over his body like a hit.
Nothing happened to them, right?