Chapter 25: Truth untold

"You are patient's family, right?" The doctor asked once he got out of the room.
"Yes, yes we are." Jonghyun answered him. "Is she okay?"
The doctor looked at all of us. The look on his face wasn't so happy and i could only hope for the best. However, a smile appeared on his face.
"She Is now okay. We had to do a surgery on her shoulder wound as it was the main problem. She got burnt there really bad. Beside that, she spended quite a while around smoke, which affected her lungs and breathing. It's all under control now."
I realised a relieved sigh that i didn't even know i was holding. I was so glad she made it. A happy tear slidded down my cheek.
"Can we see her?" Jisoo asked.
The doctor was looking at us not knowing what to say. But once his gaze caught Sarang's puppy eyes, he sighed.
"Alright, but not all of you. And not for too Long, okay?" And with that, he left. We exchanged looks about who should go inside.
"I think Jungkook should go first." I looked at him. "You are the one who saved her. It's the least we Can do to thank you." I have him a big thankful smile. Before i went inside, i looked over at Sarang.
"Do you want to come in with me?" Her lips instantly formed into a smile and i opened the door for her.
As we got there, Sarang ran to the side of the bed and took Y/n's hand in hers. While me... I was just standing there, looking at her pale, white face and a breathing machine on her mouth. It's been a while since i saw her that... Peacefull. I felt afraid of coming closer. Funny, i was about to do it earlier, but i couldn't while she was asleep.
"Sir, come here." Sarang said to me when she noticed that i was not reacting. I gulped and went to the other side of her bed, opposite of  Sarang. My gaze was constantly glued to my Y/n. Her makeup was now removed and her hair was messy. Still, she looked stanning. In any moment, situation, she Is the most perfect and beautiful girl for me. It hurt me that she had to go through that. I think i was staring for too long, but when Sarang spoke again, i moved my eyes from Y/n to her.
"I told you that my mom Is going to be okay, didn't i?" I was shocked at the way she was speaking. Like... Was she even a 6 year old girl?
"My mom Is strong. She wouldn't leave so easily. Especially not me. She promised me, and she never broke a promise." I was starting to tear up again. Sarang had her eyes locked on Y/n's face, so when a silence filled the room, i did the same. I thought that if i said anything, i would break. I was at the very edge of telling her everything, and i couldn't do that. So i remained silent. Probably after a minute, Sarang's voice was heard once again.
"Can i Ask you something, sir?" I looked at her and replied.
"Of course. And please, just call me... Jungkook. There Is no need for sir."
It was weird being called 'sir' by your own child.
"Alright. So, Jungkook... From where do you know my mom?" As i heard jer question, i panicked. What was i supposed to say? 'i'm a friend even thought you never saw me before?'
She was looking at me the while i was trying to came up with something.
"Your mom and I... Went to high school together."
She raised her brows. "Really?"
"Yes." "And where have you been since then? I never saw you coming to our house." I gulped.
"I was... Working."
"Working with what?"
"I'm a member of a band. I'm making music."
"Bts?" A small smile formed on the corner of my lips.
"Yes."
"I think my mom likes your group. I found some pictures and albums in her room."
Of course i felt happy when i heard that. Those were probably ones that she got when we were together. She always supported me in that way. I remember her room was decorated with Our posters, Bt21, albums and other stuff. I found that so sweet.
"Well, i'm glad to hear that." I returned my gaze on Y/n as i thought this conversation was over, but i shot my eyes back on Sarang when i heard what she said.
"I found her pictures with you as well."
I was looking at her, waiting for her to continue.
"And it looked like you two were in love with each other." I would be lying if i say that i didn't feel uncomfortable.
"So that means you loved my mom, right?" For a while, i didn't say anything. But she was patiently waiting to hear an answer.
"Tha-that's a... Complicated story. I think you should ask you mom when she wakes up." I avoided eye contact. Why was it that hard for me to look my daughter in the eyes? I didn't know either.
"But... You are my dad, aren't you?"