Chapter 3: The Secret of Magic

Heartcatch Precure OST-Alright! Heartcatch Precure! ~Guitar~

Ashlen happily stepped out into the early sunny morning, a smile as bright as the sun on her face. She closed her house door behind her and began her way.

Man! It feels so wonderful to be going to school on time without running for my life every time! She thought gleefully, practically skipping her way towards school. I should do this more often! Wonder what we will be learning today?

Ashlen arrived to school ten minutes before the bell rang, and the usual school day went on by.

She sat down on the bench on the school rooftop for lunch break, talking with her two friends.
" Yo, Ashlen! Check out a sweet new trick I learned yesterday!" Asami said smugly with a wink. 

The blue haired girl stood up and walked a few feet away from the bench. She lifted a hand, and with a quick flick, she snapped her fingers, and emitted bright blue flames. The blue fire danced around Asami's fingers and fluttered up to the sky, and the flames died down with glittering clouds of smoke.  

" Woah...!" Ashlen in complete awe, astonished. Asami bowed and sat back down next to Ashlen. " That was amazing, Asami!!" 

" Ashie, I'm about to rock your world~!" Asami sneered while elbowing Ashlen on the ribs. " I got more of those tricks you like...but I'll show you outside of school, they don't allow magic rough housing here, hahaha!"

Hana stood up from the bench and shyly walked over towards where Asami was, and she slowly lifted her hands up into the sky, her in a hands in holding position, and with a bright spark of pink sparkles, rays of pink lights shoot upwards above all of the girl's heads, and they vanish with a shower of glitter.

Ashlen's smile grew big as she clapped loudly. 

" That was incredible, Hana!!" Ashlen cheered. " Your magic is amazing!"

" I-It was n-nothing, really..." Hana mumbled in embaressment as she made her way back to the bench. 

" That's right! Asami has the element of Pyro, Blue Fire Magic!" Ashlen commented with a smile. " And Hana has the Holy Element, Light Magic, Pink!" 

" Someone has been reading too much textbooks..." Asami grumbled, looking dismayed. 

" Hey! You say it like it's a bad thing!" Ashlen said back, pouting. " I know all about the magic elements, even though I don't have my magic yet!"

" I'm proud of you, Ashlen," Hana said with a sweet smile and a gentle clap of her hands. " Surely with your sharp knowledge, you're bound to earn your magic anytime soon!"

" Eh? Y-You think so?" Ashlen replied, stunned. 

" Of course, I believe in you," Hana responded. " I can help you study if you-"

" STUDYING SUCKS!!" Asami yelled over at the top of her lungs, startling Ashlen and Hana. 

Asami stood up to her feet with her hands on her hips, her eyes glittering with determination. 

" Combat is much more better than just reading some lame text books! Who needs brains when brawl is the strongest?! Ashlen can be a tough girl that no one is gonna mess with! Not some lame nerd!" 

" Ah...u-um...v-v-v-ery well..." Hana mumbled, looking down shyly.

" I think I'll do both!" Ashlen responded, smiling at both of her friends. " Brawl and brains, both of them, I like the sound of that!"