Chapter 2: The Magicless School Girl

The early 7:30 AM sun poured golden rays of light through the windows of a two story building, coating the delicate brown wood a beautiful golden. The great white clouds glided forward at a peaceful pace, showing off the clear blue morning sky. The air was crisp and fresh, making the trees, the dew coated grass, and the rest of nature dance to its movement, and birds sang their songs ever so happily at the rise of the sun. A morning so very beautiful in the kingdom of Khoria.

*RRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!*
*RRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGG!*
*RRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG!*

" Ashlen!" A woman's voice called down from downstairs, above a dainty purple themed room. 

" You are gonna be late!"

" That alarm clock of yours has been ringing the past thirty minutes! Shut that thing off and get your lazy ass up!" A stern male voice added, followed by a loud slam of a newspaper against the table.

"...Mmm...?" A young girl rolled to the left side of her bed, popping a small portion of her head from above the royal purple blankets. She heard the voices from down stairs, and groggily looked up slightly at the lavender alarm clock next to her nightstand. " Eh?" The clock read 7:36 AM.

7:36 AM...

7:36 AM...?

7:36 AM...?!?!?!?!

" Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" The girl from upstairs screamed.

The man and woman from below looked at each other, and shook their heads with a sigh.

" Mom! Dad!" She threw on her white sleeved sateen shirt, and swiftly buckled the buttons.
" Why didn't you...!?" She brushed her mattered dirty blonde hair, and fixed her bangs and hairline. "...wake me up earlier?!" She finished up by buttoning up the last of her dark blue blazer, and did the final touches of the red ribbon that hung above her admirable chest.

" Honestly, you're going into a special university school! Like it's our responsibility to wake you up!" The man spoke up again sharply, pulling back his slim black hair and adjusting his thin glasses.

She rushed downstairs, her school bag in hand, and with the slippery texture of the wooden stairs and her long black slippery thigh highs, she slipped on the steps, and bumped all the way downstairs in her sitter, her skirt going up and down at the sync of the movement. She grunted and yelped in pain at each bump, and she finished her fall by going face first onto the floor in front of the stairs, causing a loud banging noise.

Her parents winced and shut their eyes at all the ruckus, and looked at each other once again. 

" Owie!" The girl groaned in disappointment and pain.

Her mother glanced away from her husband and sighed while tucking a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. She looked back at the opening archway that connects the kitchen and the stairway.

" Sweetie, are you alright?" She asked, her black eyes glittering with worry.

" I'm not alright!" Ashlen responded.

Her father looked at the same direction along with his wife, and saw their daughter stumble into the kitchen, rubbing her backside to ease the pain. She went up to her mother's side and grabbed her small lunchbox wrapped in a white paper cloth, and dashed off towards the door.

" I'm off!" She said as she walked out of the kitchen and towards the doorway.

" Bye!" Her mother called after her, watching her with a slight worried expression.