Chapter 7: Ashlen's Decision

(Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle OST-Brantford High)

Ashlen unhooked her schoolbag on the bag hanger on the side of her desk and picked up her notebook and pencil on her desk and put them inside her bag. She put on her school bag and walked out of the classroom. It was after school, and thankfully the day seemed to pass by quickly. Ashlen yawned, waves of sleepiness crashing over her. The sun shone down brightly onto her, and she happily made her way out of the school and towards her house.

She took the turn and reached the gates of her own home. She walked in and twisted the door open. Smiling hugely, she took off her shoes, neatly placed them down near the door, and stood up to raise her hand happily.

" I'm hom-!"

(End BGM)

"...bags packed, right?"

She recognized her father's voice.

" Yes, yes, I have them almost all of them ready. Do you?" Her mother replied.

" Mine have been ready since yesterday." Her father responded sternly. " Keep in mind that we are leaving tomorrow dawn sharp and that we must be quick or we will miss the opportunity to complete the job and get the money we need."

" I'm fully aware of that fact. I don't need you to keep on reminding me, otherwise you'll start your shunning rants again." Her mother sassed back and she turned away from him and walked into the garage door, and slammed it shut behind her.

Her father took a deep breath and longley sighed as he put his hands on his forehead and leaned on the table, his gaze dropping.

Ashlen's gaze dropped to the floor as well, and she quietly went upstairs. She put down her school bag, got into the shower, and during her bath, she sat down and sighed sadly. Her eyes glittered with sorrow and she looked up at the small window near the side of the roof.

(Fairy Tail OST-Ultear, Time of Life)

The next day, Ashlen had overslept more than she ever did. 8:30 AM. She silently and slowly got into the shower, got dressed, grabbed her school bag, grabbed a piece of toast, ignored the noises of her parents sharply and angrily discussing their plans for dawn the next day, and walked over to the door, slipped on her shoes and walked outside into the mid fresh early morning.

Ashlen slowly made her way towards the school, into the school building, and into her classroom. The teacher, thankfully, didn't care much about giving her scolding to the late students, so she sat down in her desk. She glanced over at Asami and Hana, who looked back at her in concern and sadness, and Ashlen simply turned away and pulled out her notebook and pencil, catching up with today's school lesson.

The bell rang, and Ashlen slowly put away her stuff. And she threw her bag over her shoulder and walked out of her classroom. She looked up to see Asami throwing herself at Ashlen in a tight hug.

" Girl, are you okay...?!" Asami asked, her voice full of concern.

" Y-Yeah, s-sorta..." Ashlen replied with a gasp as Asami continued to squeeze her. Hana got closer to them and looked over at Ashlen.