Chapter 9: Where It All Began

(Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions OST-Mario's House)

It was once again another beautiful sunny day, in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Luigi took a step back from the laundry hanger rack, sighing in relief as he took a step back and looked at his work.

" There! I finished hanging these clothes." Luigi said, wiping off sweat from his forehead. " Now I can relax on the couch and watch TV while Mario is still busy getting ready for the day. Yeah, finally..."

Luigi fell silent and turned to the side, looking down at the ground blankly as he kicked his foot at the grass, putting his hands behind his back. " Man...it's gotten a little too quiet around the kingdom...and a bit boring..." Luigi told himself, a worried look on his face. He glanced up at the bright blue morning sky, blinking. He sighed sadly, his shoulders dropping. " I mean, it's been a whole year since Bowser's last attack..." Luigi said, lowering his head with closed eyes. " I'm glad the kingdom is at peace and all...but...ah, forget it..."

Luigi began to walk back inside the house, but a sudden voice halted him.

" Hey!"

" Hm?"

Luigi turned around to see Toad waking up towards him, a huge smile on his face.

" Hi there, Luigi!" Toad said cheerfully while putting his arms in the air.

" Oh, hi, Toad. What's up?" Luigi replied.

" I bring a personal invitation message from the Princess to you and Mario!" Toad replied.

" Today, the Princess is planning a big picnic in honor of her birthday! And she's inviting you and Mario! It's gonna be at Toad Road, all of us are on our way there, so you both should get ready right away!"

" Really? Oh, wow! That's awesome! That's a perfect opportunity for Mario to confess!" Luigi cheered with a big grin.

" Uh...what was that?" Toad asked, confused.

" Eep! Oh, n-nothing!" Luigi quickly said, shaking his head and waving his hands in a stopping motion.

" Well then...! When Mario is ready, go and tell him to head to Toad Road!" Toad said as he began to walk away from Luigi. " See you both there!"

Luigi watched Toad run off into Toad Woods, the shade swallowing him up.

" Phew...almost blew Mario's cover up..." He sighed, scratching his head. " Well, that happened, I should go and get Mario...wonder what he's up to..."

Luigi walked inside the house, took a turn and went upstairs, and looked up at the beds. Mario wasn't in his bed. He went back down and looked at the couch, not there either. Not near the fridge either.

(End BGM)

(GeGeGe no Kitaro 2018 OST-To Soak in a Teacup Bath)

Luigi then went up to the bathroom door, and opened it. A great amount of steam hit his face, but he walked in, squinting through the steam.

" Mario? You there?" Luigi called out.