Chapter 12

The whole village fell silent. There were only the sound of weeping coming from the woman who Regina had grown close to. The men stood around shocked at the news. Robin sat on the step of the stairs closest to the room Regina was being worked on in. His eyes were red and his face was stained with tears. Roland was in his room playing with his toys far away from the commotion.

"You're Majesty?" The doctor called from the room.

Robin jumped to his feet. Just about stumbling over."How is she?"

"Her wounds are infected, I've cleaned them this will have to be done 3 to 4 times a day, I will be back to clean them again. she's on strict bed rest" he said wiping his hands of blood. He turned on the soles of his feet and walked down stairs.

The king opened their bedroom door, she was so still, even hurt and pale she looked beautiful. He walked over next to her and pulled up a chair next to her bed. She still wore her night gown.

"Robin"Regina whispered her eyes still shut not wanting to open them and see the pain she has inflicted.

"Regina...it's okay" he whispered taking Regina's hand in his.

She inhaled and exhaled deeply, like a sigh of relief, but really only to take a deep breath.

"Did you even think of us?" He asked looking down at her.

Her big beautiful brown eyes opened slowly fluttering shut once then forcing them open again. She laughed a little. "Did I think of you?" She mocked.

"Regina I didn't-"

"Yes! I did, If I hadn't thought of you me and Roland would be dead. I did think of you Robin, I couldn't have either of you hurt, you're all I have" she said with annoyance in her voice.

"I'm sorry, as long as you are with me, no one will lay a hand on you" he said kissing her hand, oh how she missed those words and how she wished they were true.

Regina shook her head and closed her eyes again, letting herself calm down.

*knock* *knock*

"Yes?" Robin answered

"Daddy..." Roland said quietly.

The dark haired beauty on the bed opened her eyes and smiled at the sound of the young boy. So innocent with a little sorrow in his voice.

"Come in" she said.

"Mommy!" He screamed.

The door swung open as he squealed and ran into the room arms wide open with the biggest smile on his face.

"Mommy! Mommy you're home!" He said running towards the bed.

Robin jumped up grabbing him and throwing him up on his shoulder. "No jumping on the bed today"

"Why?" He questioned, with a disappointed look on his face.

"He's fine" Regina cut in.

"No, were not risking this" he said looking at Regina.

She just rolled her eyes.

"Put me down" he whined.

"No jumping on the bed" robin repeated

"Okay daddy put me down" he said getting irritated. Squirming and trying to pry his arms off of him.

Robin set him down slowly once his feet his the cold ground he bolted for the bed. "Roland no" robin yelled.

Roland ran and stopped in front of the bed, lifting himself up he pulled on his mothers legs like he usually did to get up. Placing his foot on the bed frame.