CHAPTER 12 - THE UPPERCUT

Hello everyone..

Here I am with a short and sweet 3k word update for the day!

I will be giving another update tomorrow as well,that's why I decided to split the otherwise superlong update into two posts!

Will let you all dive in without further delay

Let me know what you all think.

.............................

Chapter 12 – The UpperCUT

                                                                              Two More Weeks Later

Mumbai – 9.00 AM – The Trident Nariman Point

Arnav's POV

I watched the boys get up from the breakfast table and they walked out the restaurant and I quickly picked up my phone and looked at the watch.

It was 9 am here.

Which meant it was still 530 am in Cape Town.

Khushi was probably still sleeping.

And I quickly leave her a text.

Me : Khushi, I just finished breakfast! The coffee I just had reminded me off the one you made for me, the flavour was so similar, but your's is still way better.I so have to figure out a way of getting a sip off your cup through the whtsapp video call.Why hasn't that been invented yet??

I smile as I read what I had written and tap send.

And I was just about to get up from the table when I spotted Cap walking back to the table with a cup in his hand and I smiled and asked on reflex – " your green tea??"

Cap grinned – " yes..",and he takes a seat and I sit back in mine and he grins – " this is almost like a home for you isn't it?"

I grin, leaning back in my chair – " yes Cap..as comforting as home, after the sri lanka tour ends , id be coming back here more often.."

I played for the Mumbai team in the IPL and Trident Nariman Point was our home during the IPL.Its where we stayed all the time.

Cap played with the Chennai team.

Cap grins – " the hospitality here is wonderful Arnav, there isn't any doubt about that.."

I smiled – " it is.."

Cap grinned - " and I know you love Wankhede as much as I do..so we are going to have to win it tonight, the crowd never disappoints us and hence we are not going to disappoint them too, I do not want to go into the t20's with another draw.."

I nod – " ofcourse Cap..its going to be a good game and we are going to win it tonight.."

He grinned – " incase we win the toss you keep your uppercut and pull shots ready ASR, I want you to be aggressive today..a big total on the board always adds on the pressure for the chasing team.."

I nod – " yes cap.."

He smiled – " but in case we chase..the story will be different altogether..",and he paused as he spoke – " iv been watching and observing in the nets Arnav, your backfoot shots have really improved.."

I grin – " thanks Cap..iv been working on that for a while..i knew its been one of my shortcomings.."

Cap grinned – " not anymore..",and he sips his tea.