𝑆𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒

I am just a girl that likes to live every day like I always do. There was nothing ever big in my life and I didn't want to change anything. My life was simple.

"Annie!" I heard my name called. I suddenly looked up from my textbooks. I fixed my glasses. I was sitting at my desk in my room. I stood up and ran out of my room. I dragged my feet out to the kitchen. My mom was placing food on the table. I sat at the table, My brother and dad were sitting at as well. My mom then sat down next to me and we started eating. "How is studying going?" My mom looked over at me. "Good." I nodded with a mouth full of noodles. "Seems like all is going well right? I am glad nothing complicated has happened." My mom looked pleased. "Don't Jinx her." My dad playfully nudged my mom's shoulder. "It's okay, I don't plan on doing anything big this year." I smiled at myself. Just how things will always be. Nothing will change.

I fixed my long light brown hair in a bun and tucked in my hoodie. I arrived at another day at my school. Just a sixteen year older high school student, right? I walked in right before class had started. I ran to sit next to my little friend group. I knew all my class pretty well, but I didn't really talk that much. But, that was normal. I sat next to my friend, Grace. "Hey." She waved softly as she recognized I came in. I looked down as I got my books out of my bag. I looked around as I saw the boys laughing and playing around with each other. "Make sure to be quiet when the teacher comes in!" Grace yelled at them. "We will!" one of them looked back. I chuckled because I found the look on the boys face, funny. My whole class was pretty fun to be around. The Teacher suddenly walked in, all our attention went to him. "Hey! Welcome back to another week of school." As he said that I heard others sigh in the back. "now, we are going to go over the list to check if everyone is here." He said. We all listened. "Haley." He called out. "here."

"Changbin." "here." He stood up then sat back down. "Minho." "Here." One of the boys that Grace yelled at stood up. "Felix." "here, sir." The other one stood up. I enjoyed looking to see what Minho and Felix talked about with each other. I found them so funny and so interesting. Our teacher, Chan, was calling out the rest of the names. "Rylee, Hyunjin, Caryss..." They were all here. "Grace." Grace stood up. "of course I am here!" she flashed her smile. "OF course, Of course, you are." Chan rolled his eyes with a smile. They always teased each other. "Annie." My name was called. I stood up awkwardly. "Here." I nodded, then I didn't know if I was supposed to sit down again or not. "You can sit." Chan shrugged. Everyone chuckled. I quickly sat down. I always easily embarrassed myself. I felt a bit awkward but I moved forward as the class continued on. That was my favorite class to be in. It was small but it was simple. It was so entertaining because all the people in it got along, were funny, and fun to listen to. Even though I never spoke much with any of them, I still liked being around them. I somehow felt distanced from them, but I didn't mind because that's how things have always been for me. I shuffled around the halls looking for the group again. Usually, the girls only hung with the girls and the boys with the boys. I looked around for Grace and the others, they were in the halls talking to each other. I ran up to them behind Grace, but they didn't really seem to be bothered that I was there. "Yeah, This girl just ran into me during the game and the coach didn't even call it a foul." Grace went on. "It's annoying how couches do that," Haley replied. "This girl tried me so hard today in my next class, only because I accidentally snapped back at her being smart with my best friend. Trying to get all goody with him." Rylee went on. I always just listened to their conversations, but I never really understood them. I just followed them as we made our way through the halls. I heard some laughing and I noticed the boy group laughing with each other and playing on their phones. But, I noticed one of the boys wasn't there. "Who is missing?" I thought. I tried to think about it but it never occurred to me. I passed them with a smile. I seemed to be the only girl that actually smiled at the boys and actually found them funny.