rain

"Annie, What are you thinking right now?" Changbin looked down at me.

"Uhhh- nothing." I quickly broke free from my focus on Hyunjin. 
"Ah." Changbin shrugged back with a sigh in his breath.
"Is something wrong?" Hyunjin stood up while shoving his hands in his pockets.
"Nothing. We should probably get Annie home so she is safe, it's getting late."
"Yeah, you head out first. I will take her home."
"Why can't we take her together?" Changbin shot over a glare. I quickly got up and waved my hands. "It's okay, I can go on my own." But. I had just realized that I exposed my hand.
"What is that?" Changbin said gently while grabbing my hand. 
Both of their eyes were on me. I quickly drew back my hand. 
"It's fine," I hid it. I felt the tension in the air and I didn't want it anymore. I started to head towards the door.
"Annie," Hyunjin called out.
"It's fine, I will bandage it when I get home." I made a quick wave and limped out the door. I held onto the railing as I carried myself down the porch stairs. I heard the door quickly open behind me. Changbin ran beside me. 
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"I am fine. Really." For some reason, I felt flustered. Like I was frustrated, confused, and stressed. I quickly turned around. "I can go on my own now." Changbin let me be and I carried myself back to my house. I had an uneasy feeling. "Maybe I shouldn't have left?

NARRATOR POV

The next morning, Changbin was carrying through the halls, with Minho by his side. "They were acting strangely yesterday." He clicked his tongue. 
"Like what?" Minho looked over at him. "Are they dating?"
Changbin stayed quiet as the thought rolled around in his head. "Maybe I should tell her sooner rather than later.
"I would tell her when you get the chance." Then Changbin saw someone rolling around in the halls and heard him yelling. "Where is Annie? Where is Annie?!" As he got closer they had recognized Jisung's voice. His eyes focused on them. "Have you seen Annie?"
"Ah, no. We just got here for the day." Minho and Changbin looked at each other as Jisung passed them. 
"Wonder what's up," Minho added. 
"Maybe I will call her." Changbin got out his phone and dialed the number, but she wasn't picking up. "She's not answering." He shrugged in worry. 
"Maybe I should call Hyunjin?" 
"Nah, let's just move on to class." They walked ahead. Changbin had an unsettling feeling. "She did go home last night, right?" They both walked into class together to see Felix and Macy chattering, and smiling at each other. "What are you guys doing?" Minho glared as he slammed his books on his desk.
"Nothing." Felix shrugged back. Macy scratched her head as Changbin sat next to her. "Have you seen Annie?" He muttered.
"Not today, she was saying she got an urgent call or something." 
"Ah," Changbin took a big breath and looked at the back of the class. Hyunjin was having his head in his books, writing. 
"I wonder what it was." 
Chan came into the class with a huge smile on his face. "Heyyyyyyyy." He said with a long roll. Everyone's eyes focused on him. "Valentines Day is coming up so no silly ideas."
The class went silent. "Just kidding! We are going to be holding a Spring Festival Next month so I will like to prepare you all for that, this class was put in charge of helping with the decorations and events so start planning now." A bright smile came over his face. 
"Now let's get to class." He started to write on the chalkboard. 
"That's exciting, I wonder what we are going to do," Felix whispered back. "Yes, I am excited too." Macy made a smile.
Changbin glared at the both of them. They all focused on the lesson.
"Also, be prepared for exams at the end of the year too, you can never be too prepared for it." Chan ended at the end of the lesson. "Now,  make sure to pack your bags as I give you all the assignments throughout the week." he nodded at all of them as the bell rang. They all escorted together, but Changbin looked around and had noticed that Hyunjin had disappeared. "What exactly are they hiding?

Seungmin and Hyunjin quickly got away, to where no one else could hear them. "It's getting worse." Hyunjin coughed. 
"You did warn her, didn't you? She told me about it yesterday at work.."
"She did? I guess she assumed everyone would know. She told me she wouldn't breathe a word to anyone about it." Hyunjin took a deep breath as he felt his heart start to thump, he shook his head. "Maybe you should tell her? I am just concerned for both of you because you are both my friends." Seungmin looked down. "I understand that I do want what's best for her. I just don't want to hurt her, but either way." Hyunjin looked down as the feeling in his chest got more and more intense. "Do you know where she went?"
"No, I believe she got called into work though, there was a special meeting today and they might have called her in." Seungmin scratched his head. "Just be sure to tell her soon." He made clear and carried himself away. Hyunjin took a deep breath and looked around. The thing is, Hyunjin didn't want to hold himself back. He wanted this more than anything, but he knew what he had to do, not just to save himself, but to save Annie.

ANNIE POV