always

We went to the funeral, where only a few of us were at. My mom's side of the family. The feelings in the air were sad, deep, and all I could do was look down. When listening to the words.

"She couldn't help herself."

For days I could only stay still. Since the moment at the hospital, I have been blank. Been empty, but all so full of regret.

"Annie, come out of your room to eat something." I heard Jisung knock on my door.

"It's been days. Please don't be how I was."

Jisung was morning, but he was doing it differently. I felt like all I wanted to do was lay in my bed, in the dark, with my door shut.

I heard a sigh in Jisung's voice.

"I'm okay, thanks," I muttered.

"Well, I am going back to school now. Just let me know if there's anything you need," Jisung waited for me to say something back, but I could barely get myself to.

I heard him leave and I was sitting there with myself. Wrapping my arms around my legs. Time had gone by some quickly, I had felt like my mom had just passed last night. "Maybe it's just because everything seems so unreal." I shook my head.

I reached over to grab my water from the end table by my bed. I noticed a picture on the table was Jisung and I with our parents when we were younger. I started to have flashbacks to when we were young children, would go on walks and lunch dates together, buy fun things, and laugh a ton. "When did that all change?"

I asked myself, but I couldn't wrap my head around it all. My tired eyes looked at my gleaming phone. I saw I had so many missed calls and texts. From Macy, Changbin, and even Hyunjin. I wanted to answer, but for some reason, I didn't have the strength to. I laid back, with a sigh in my breath.

"What should I do? I can't throw a pity party forever." I covered my eyes with my arm. With a burden on my chest.

"Maybe I should go out and get some food," I slowly got up, feeling quite dizzy. I dragged myself out of my room. I got my shoes on and put on a hoodie. I slowly walked out, with my head empty.

I walked down the road to the convenience store. I carried my arms in my pockets. I looked around the aisle and something stood out to me.

"Ramyun and Kimchi sound good." I shrugged while grabbing the packs and jar. I looked around more and saw a cooler with drinks in it.

"Chocolate milkshake.." I muttered. I opened the door and grabbed it.

I suddenly heard loud voices coming from the opposite end of the store.

I quickly looked over to see Changbin and Minho grabbing packaged steam buns from the shelves. "Let's get some for everybody," Changbin said.

"Yeah, Felix likes the pork ones." Minho nodded as they went up to the cash register. I quickly hid behind one of the aisles.

"One day they decide to come here before school and I have to be here." I had a nervous feeling. I sat there until I heard them leave. I peeped up my head to see them walking away outside. I made a sigh of relief as I bought the things. I was on my way back home quickly as I was sipping at my milkshake. I was struggling with all the things in my hands.

"I must get these things back home so I can cook them," I muttered to myself. As I turned the corner there was someone right in front of me. I almost spilled my milkshake all over.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I looked up. I felt my heart begin to shake as I saw Hyunjin's face.

"How have you been doing?"