𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒

"Come on, hand it in."
Hyunjin nudged the back of my shoulder. 
I was nervous as I stood in front of Chan's desk.
I made a quick smile.
I saw Chan make a smirk up at me. "Are you ready to take it? good because you are due to take it today." He made a laugh and shuffled his things on his desk.
"Well, I also have extra homework I did.." I scratched my head and handed him a stack of papers.
"Extra..?" Chan was surprised. 
"Yeah," I made a small nod. I looked back at Hyunjin, who was smiling. "I felt bad for falling asleep and for making a big deal of things so...I decided just to do extra! I could even clean the classroom." I shook my hands.
As Chan looked at the papers, he raised his eyebrows. "I am impressed." He made a slight chuckle. "You outdid yourself and did extra homework..I feel like I should reward you somehow."
"Reward me?" My eyes widened. "I mean I didn't do that much..I am just trying to make up for what I did before." I looked down.
"How about I move your desk!" Chan stood up confidently. 
"uh...move my desk?" I watched as Chan moved around the classroom. He slowly walked down the aisle of desks. "How about here?" He pointed to Hyunjin's desk.
My heart did a flutter. "Next to Hyunjin?" I looked over at Hyunjin confused then looked back at Chan. 
"Yeah, since you guys like each other so much." Chan made a laugh.
"Uh..." I felt so awkward all I could do was look down at my feet. I don't know why I felt so nervous. "I mean...I want to sit next to him, but why am I so nervous about it...?" I thought to myself as I peaked over at Hyunjin, who was playing with his hands in his hoodie. The awkward silence was interrupted by Felix and Minho slamming open the door. 
"Hey, be careful with that door. I paid for that." Chan glared as he made his way back to his desk. Felix and Minho moved past Hyunjin and me. "Why are you guys just standing there?" Felix laughed as he jumped into his desk. "Sorry." My eyes widened and I awkwardly moved to the back of the class and I noticed as Hyunjin followed behind me. I Sat down and lowered my head on the desk. 
Hyunjin shuffled his legs and stuffed his hands in his hoodie. "Why is it so different to be at the back of the class?" I looked up. 
"I guess you know how I feel now." He shrugged as we watched the other classmates walked in. 
"Yeah, but I am here now, so hopefully you don't feel as lonely!" As I said that I felt a weird tingle in my chest. "What did I just say...?"
Chan hit a rod up against the chalkboard to get all our attention. "Okay, Children I have an announcement." He paced back and forth. "I actually funded and got permission from the school for us to go on a class field trip!" He raised his hand confidently.
"School trip? where did you get the money for that?" Minho smirked.
"Shut it." Chan glared, then shrugged. "Anyway, it's not really a field trip but more of a fun trip because I feel bad for being so hard on you guys and I think it will bring us all closer together and we learn a lot. " Chan looked excited and I started to feel excited too. 
"I wonder where we are going.." I whispered, excited to Hyunjin. He made a quick smile.
"Where are we going?" Grace asked. 
"Oh, yeah. I have to tell you where we are going." He chuckled. "An amusement park. You guys like those, right?" 
My eyes widened when he said that. I started to get nervous. 
"I don't really ride roller coasters.." I whispered and scratched my head. 
"I will ride with you." I heard Hyunjin say, as I glanced over at him his face was lit up. He looked excited and because of that, I felt happy and excited too. 
"It will be a day trip so, tell your parents you will be sleeping in a hotel and all that." Chan shrugged and got on with the lesson. My thoughts started to wonder. "I am going to spend a night with these guys...?" I looked up then my heart made a large thump as another thought came to my mind. I looked quickly over at Hyunjin. "I will be spending a night with HIM?" I screamed to myself. Then shook my head. "Why am I so worried about this?" I muttered to myself. Hyunjin stared at me with a slight chuckle. "Are you okay...?" 
I quickly flustered my hands. "Yeah..just excited for the trip that's all..Hopefully, my parents allow me to go." I scratched my head.

I headed home that day with a full mind: "What if my parents say no? What if things come up? What if I do go? What will happen?" I took off my shoes as I walked in the door. "Welcome home." I heard my mom say as she was getting food on the table. I looked around and didn't see Jisung. "Where is Jisung?" I dragged my way to the kitchen. "Oh, he went out for a bit.." My mom seemed nervous, she had a dragged look on her face. 
"Did something happen?... He usually never goes out unless he's mad.." I thought to myself. I started to worry, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to put that stress on my mom. I took a deep breath. "Maybe I shouldn't mention the event either..I don't want to stress her out." I looked down and scratched my head. 
"Dinner will be done soon." She told me. 
I nodded. "Just let me put my things in my room," I muttered softly. I made my way to my room. I was worried. I had a deep, tense feeling in my chest. I got out my phone from my pocket and decided to try to call Jisung. I stood there with my phone up against my ear for a minute. 
"He's not replying.." I started to get frustrated. I decided to text him:

"Where did you go? I am worried about you."

I put my phone down and let out a huge sigh. "The trip isn't for a week so I have some time to ask my parents..but now doesn't seem like a good time at all." I shrugged and looked out my bedroom window. I then noticed someone standing on the sidewalk, with two mini people running around him. But, all I could see was the back of their heads. I squinted my eyes. I thought it was Hyunjin but I shook my head and looked back down at my desk. "No way it's him. I am just imagining things." I laughed to myself. But, I wanted to keep looking up at him for some reason. 
"No, Annie. That's weird." I yelled at myself but peaked up anyway, but this time he was turned around, and it was him.
I didn't know why but Hyunjin was standing right in front of my house, but he was. I almost choked myself with my big gasp. I walked closer to the window, looking down at him. 
Suddenly I saw one of his brothers look up and point to me. 
I was flustered and started looking away, hoping Hyunjin didn't notice me. I quickly took a glance back to see, and Hyunjin was looking up at me, while still trying to block the sun out of his eyes. 
"I can't just sit here awkwardly.." I panicked to myself and decided to make a small wave. He waved back then looked back down, shyly. 
I felt so nervous, "Why is he in front of my house?" I coughed to myself and decided to head back into the kitchen.
I had a deep feeling in my chest like I wanted to see him, but I didn't want to make it awkward. I slowly moved to the table and sat down with my mom. I couldn't shake that surprised face off. 
"Uh..are you alright? You look spaced out." My mom looked up at me. I shook my head out of my trance. "Yeah." I made a small laugh and started eating. Then, I suddenly heard a knock on the door. 
My heart almost skipped a beat. "What if it's Hyunjin?..." I gulped. My mom stood up and went to the door. "Wait!" I called outright as she was about to open it. "What?" She glared back at me.
"Don't open it." I chuckled nervously.
"Why? What if it's your brother?" She rolled her eyes at me and opened it anyway. I closed my eyes because I hoped it was my brother. 
"Oh, hey, can I help you?" I heard my mom say.
"That means it isn't my brother-" I bit my lip, holding my eyes tight.
"Annie, someone is asking for you." My mom called back to me. I slowly stood up, I could feel my knees trembling a bit. "Why am I so nervous to see him for no reason?" I thought to myself, trying to brush it off as I made my way to the door. I peaked behind the door to see Hyunjin standing. He made a small wave. "Hey, I saw that you saw me..and well, I didn't know you lived here so I was-" I stopped him by quickly stepping outside, closing the door behind me. 
I stood right in front of him. "Yeah, I was surprised too.." I looked down and scratched my head. "Wait..do you live near here too?"
"Yeah, I live a few houses down, I thought you knew that." Hyunjin made a small laugh.
"Oh, no. I guess I let it slip my mind." I felt so awkward. Then I looked up quickly and waved my hands around. "I wasn't staring at you or anything! I just noticed you when I was standing in my room, like..I don't want to seem creepy." I laughed awkwardly because I was just noticing what I was saying. Hyunjin started to laugh.
"I mean, I am not creepy in any way like I saw you and got surprised and now we are here..and I will stop talking." I felt so awkward all I could do is look down. I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable he must have felt.
"Haha," He started laughing. I slowly looked up at him with a big smile. "No, you were not creepy at all." Hyunjin had a lifting voice. I was afraid he was going to make fun of me, but he was actually pleased by my awkwardness. "Uh, want to walk?" I shrugged towards the sidewalk.
He made a small nod. We started to walk. I shoved my hands in my pockets. I still felt awkward so I wanted to bring up something else. 
"So, I assume that you were with your brothers earlier?" I looked over at him.
He made a small nod. "Yeah, siblings are a bit rough but, yeah they're my younger brothers." He scratched his head.
As he said that it reminded me of Jisung. "Yeah, I know that for sure..." I looked down.
"So, you have a brother then?..." Hyunjin seemed interested. "Yeah, I mean, it's complicated because he's actually not much younger than me, and could actually come to our school but.." I stopped myself from saying any more.
"Oh..I am guessing it's a bit difficult..?" He shrugged.
"Yeah, he's not home right now and it makes me worried. That's why I haven't asked right as I got home. But, hopefully, he's back by tomorrow." I made a quick smile.
"Yeah.." Hyunjin looked down as we approached the end of the sidewalk. We turned back around. "Did you ask your parents?" 
"Yeah, they said I could go. Which is weird, I thought it would take more convincing." He laughed. 
"I am glad!" I smiled widely at him. "Hopefully I can go too.." I looked down, and started to picture things we could do together on the trip, it brought a smile to my face.