ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter three ɞ
———————————

Asher didn't hesitate a second. He ran out of the kitchen as fast as he could. He had to be careful with showering quickly because he couldn't imagine himself laying on the couch all day with one of his limbs all wrapped up.

The whole process of getting ready took Asher less than ten minutes, which was his record. Annie was shocked when she saw Asher walk out of his room within ten minutes.

"I know what I'm gonna use more often." Annie said, empathizing her promise to call Nick if he was quick. She shoved the plate filled with freshly cooked eggs on a perfectly toasted slice of bread under Asher's nose.

He inhaled the smell of deliciousness before digging in. He didn't want to be rude and shove it all in his mouth, but he couldn't resist. He tried his very best to eat it slowly and enjoy it but he found it too good to slow down.

"I know you're enjoying it. Just shove it all down, I don't care." She didn't have to tell Asher twice. Asher ate the eggs in rapid speed, still enjoyed every bite.

Annie shook her head with a smile on her face. She knew she needed to get ready too before Nick came so she walked her way to her room, ruffling Asher's hair when she walked pasted him.

It didn't take Annie long to get ready either. Nick was coming over any second now so Annie and Asher sat waiting in their living room.

"You're helping right?" Annie reassured Asher with a nod. There was a knock at the door. They both looked at each other and Annie could see it in Asher's eyes that he wanted her to open the door.

She got up without arguing with him about the fact Asher need to become more mature, but the thought definitely ran through her head.

"Hey Nick, come in." Annie waited for Nick to step in so she could close the door behind him. Meanwhile Asher had gotten up from the couch, now sitting down at the kitchen island.

The whole process of designing the merch went pretty smoothly. Everything Annie suggested, Asher and nick seemed to like and the other way around. They weren't quite there yet at the end but they made some good progress.

"What time are you leaving?" Annie was ordering dinner while Asher laid on the couch finishing the remaining editing he needed to do.

"Around ten, why?" Asher looked from underneath his laptop to Annie.

"No reason, just checking." Annie threw her phone to the other couch and grabbed the remote. She sinked further into the couch, pulling her blanket up until it met her face.

She knew Asher wouldn't like it if she watched television with the volume high so she kept it low, giving her mind the chance to drift off.

She thought about how times used to be when her and Asher were in high school. Their unscarred souls wandering around the hall of the school, having completely different problems than nowadays.

The worst that could happen to them was to get suspended for a few days, that's it. Annie shivered, thinking about the worst thing that could happen right now.

"You okay?" Asher felt Annie shiver from under the blanket they were sharing. Annie took a moment to completely understand the fact she got back into reality and gave Asher a small nod. "What happened?"