ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter eight ɞ
———————————

It all made sense now; the way her brown eyes reminded him of Annie, the way he forgot she wasn't Annie. He was too blinded by her eyes to notice it was her sister.

He had met her sister a couple of times but that was a few years ago. He never really paid attention to her because she always shied away when he came over and he still to this day doesn't know why.

"Annie I-" Annie flipped him off by waving her hand in front of his face. She quickly grabbed her little sister's hand and dragged her into her room. She knew deep down her sister would never voluntarily make out with him so she took her little sister with her for explanation.

She spoke as soon as she closed the door. "I need you to explain this to me, right now." She kept her voice down because she knew raising her voice would only mute her more.

"I tried to push him away but he didn't let me." Annie eyes widened and motioned for her sister to take a seat on her bed.

"Okay wait. Start from the beginning. I need every detail, don't be embarrassed I won't get mad." Annie sent her sister a reassuring smile, anger hidden behind it.

"Okay the boys were getting really loud and I was seated next to Jack and he kept accidentally hitting me so I felt uncomfortable. I knew that I could trust Asher so I went to sit next to him, a bit too close looking back at it, but not doing anything inappropriate. Then he grabbed my hand and let me down the hall and I though he was going to guide me home and call an Uber because I'm tired. But then he pinned me against the wall and he kept looking in my eyes weirdly." As soon as she said that, bells rang in Annie's head. Asher had always been obsessed with Annie's eyes. "Then he kissed me and I tried to push him away but he held my hands above my head and after a while you walked in on us."

It gave Annie shivers down her spine thinking about her being in the position of her sister. She knew what he did was wrong and it didn't take long before she was fuming again.

"You stay here, do not leave my room." Annie's voice was strict so Hayley knew to listen to her.

Annie tried her best not to cause a huge scene but she knew that if she saw him, she would lose her control. She took a quick glance in the living room but he wasn't in there so she figured he must be in his room.

She opened his door without knocking. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with a single tear falling down his cheek. He looked up immediately when he heard his door open. A wave of guilt ran through him as he saw Annie stand in his doorway, indignation clearly visible on her face.

She stayed in the same place not moving an inch closer to him. She closed the door making the room pitch black again, the only light coming from the moon shining through the only window in the room.

Asher stood up. He wanted to speak and apologize for everything that had happened that caused them to be in this situation, but not a single word left his mouth.

They both looked at the window as they heard raindrops connect with the glass. Asher slowly stepped towards her but Annie stopped him when she shot him a glance of unbelief.

"Pathetic isn't it?" she waited a few seconds before continuing her sentence. "First you're brave enough to make out with my sister, now you're daring to come near me. Don't even try, Asher." She crosses her arms and looked him dead in the eye. She wanted him to feel guilty about his deeds.