sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter seventeen ɞ
———————————

"How bad was it?" Annie asked, already scared for her answer. It was about a day ago since Jayden visited Asher. She stopped by Annie's house to enlighten her about his condition, just before Paige would arrive.

She shook her head, causing Annie's lips to curl inside her mouth. Even though she could have predicted this days ago, it still had an impact on her. He was feeling terrible while she is here having the time of her life.

"I came there and he sat outside, his hair hasn't been brushed nor washed since you left I think, his eyes were puffy and bloodshot red. He looked really skinny, like he hasn't been eating at all. I made him shower and, well, you were there, I made him some eggs on toast. I don't think any of us want to know what would have happened if I didn't go."

Annie was gutted, she caused this. She left him alone and unsupervised, because that's what he needs when he and Annie aren't on speaking terms. If he wasn't talking to her at least once every few hours, he would go insane, he was a missing a piece of himself without her.

"And what do wo do now? We can't just leave him like that, he will kill himself." The room was filled with silence as the both of them were thinking deeply. "I have an idea." Annie said, as she grabbed her phone.

***

"Fuck off."

"I didn't know that was a part of your vocabulary. Where did my sweet Asher go?" Scared for his life, Jack took a seat next to Asher. As always, he was sitting outside, breathing in the fresh air. It was probably the only healthy thing he did.

"You know where Annie is?" Asher asked, turning to face Jack. Jack wasn't the best at understanding signals, so he kept quiet. "She has it, she has the sweet part of me. This is me without her, deal with it or leave. What are you even doing here anyway?" He turned his face back to the hills of Los Angeles.

Ignoring his question, Jack answered, "Why so negative? Girls don't like guys who mope around their house, starving themselves. If you want her back, you need to show her how much you love her. Fight for her, Asher Angel." Jack gently hit him in his bicep as he spoke, in hope it would penetrate him.

"I kissed her fucking sister, Jack. You have to be extremely pathetic to even hope we would ever get back together. It's a done deal, she has a new boyfriend anyway." Annie told Jack she has been seeing some one, but not that it was her boyfriend.

"What makes you think that? Wasn't it, what's his name again, Luke?" It couldn't be, Annie couldn't have a new boyfriend, Jack thought. He knows Annie as long as Asher and he therefore knew she isn't one to trust someone that quickly.

"The best friend of her brother? And why exactly is his beanie in her room? She's done with me, Jack. It's over." He started fidgeting with his fingers, still feeling the tingles Annie gave him when she touched them.

"Are you sure it's not yours? I think Annie isn't really over you, maybe she's trying to remember you. How do you know it's in her room anyway?"

Asher sighed, "Jayden was here and she was FaceTime-ing with Annie." Asher had trouble pronouncing her name, it brought up too many memories. "Seeing her face man, I don't know." He rested his head back. "Made me feel at home, like this war that I'm in disappeared."