sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter sixteen ɞ
———————————

"You got this, sis. Apologize, and if he doesn't accept it, he's not the one. Then I will be right here to comfort you with loads of ice cream and chocolate. Not because Im pitying you, but because you are a strong, independent woman who deserves better than that. If he's not willing to forgive you, he's not worth it girl."

Hayley's little pep talk was all Annie needed to nod and dial his number. Hayley gave Annie some privacy by leaving the room, meeting het mother downstairs. "How is she feeling?" Katie said as she handed Hayley the box of eggs.

Hayley walked to the stove, placing a pan on the stove as she answered, "Pretty confident, I think. But you know her, as soon as he answers, she will lose her confidence and start apologizing like a puppy." She cracked three eggs in the pan, sitting on the counter as she watched the eggs cook.

Katie sighed as she looked at her, "Hayley... you know I hate it when you do that. You can seriously burn yourself. And guess who is taking you to the hospital? Yeah, not me." Hayley pouted and crossed her arms as she jumped off the counter.

She continued cooking the eggs standing down, like a normal person, and immediately complained. "Standing makes my legs hurt." She bends and straightens her legs repeatedly, placing her hands on her kneecaps, pretending that her legs really hurt.

"Maybe you should... exercise?" Katie ran in one place, stopping as she heard her back pop. "See, that's what you get if you sit on your bum your whole life." She walked towards the dining table and sat down on one of the chairs, letting out the biggest sigh as she lowered herself.

It was that moment when they heard the door leading to the kitchen close, causing them both to turn around. Hayley turned back around almost instantly to put the eggs on a plate, whiles Katie's attention was fully focused on Annie.

She hoped he had accepted her apology. All she wanted was her daughter to be happy after the issues she had with Asher. "Not good?" She instantly went for the bad option, not wanting to disappoint her daughter again. She rose an eyebrow when she didn't respond.

"He wants to make up with a date." The biggest, but at the same time most hidden, smile was on Annie's face. She didn't want to seem too happy for when he would hurt her again; she couldn't give her family another disappointment.

"When?" Hayley asked, but Annie was too busy talking to her mother to notice Hayley so she asked again, "Not today right?" But once again, she didn't answer. "You can't go on a date today!" The loud voice catch the attention of both Annie and Katie. "Paige is coming today, you can't go on a date today."

Katie gave Hayley a disapproving look. Katie saw this as a perfect opportunity to invite Paige over, seeing that Annie came to visit for the first time in months. She wanted it to be a surprise. She trusted Hayley enough to tell her, but she clearly couldn't keep her mouth.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to, I just didn't want to ruin the surprise by letting her go so I just blurted it out. And with that, I ruined the surprise just as bad." Hayley slowed down the last bit of her sentence, lowering her head as well.

Katie motioned to Hayley to come sit on her lap. She held her head down as she walked over to sit on her mother's lap. "Your intentions were good, you're forgiven. I can ask Paige to come over tomorrow?" Katie suggested.