ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter eighteen ɞ
———————————

"It's a done deal, I win." Annie threw the paper money on the table, giving Hayley a mischief smile. Jayden, Paige, Katie and Anthem were all three fast asleep—fair enough, since it was three am. They started their game of monopoly around eight, thinking they would finish it before midnight.

Katie lost first, followed by Anthem, Paige and the last on to survive against the fanatics of the family was Jayden. All of them went to bed around one, anthem giving up as soon as the clock hit ten. She gave it her all to stay up at least until she lost, and she did. She was incredibly proud to know she had beaten her aunt.

"You always win, it's not fair. As a punishment, you have to shut down the cattle shed," Hayley said, trying her best to sound like a farmer. Annie laughed and agreed, she wouldn't trust Hayley with locking the doors and blowing out the candles anyway.

Hayley kissed Annie on the cheek goodnight before she headed up the stairs. Annie precisely organized the money amounts in their own section. She hated it when people would just place them in the nearest place, messing all the amounts up. She had just closed the door when she heard a knock coming from her kitchen window.

Her whole body became rigid, not moving an inch. She has watched too many horror movies with Asher to think this was just an innocent child knocking on her window looking for their mother. It had to be a serial killer at least.

She grabbed a handful of the monopoly hotels, anything that could physically hurt them was welcome. She slowly walked to the kitchen, the hotels ready in her hand to be thrown. She stumbled here and there, probably scaring herself more than the serial killer.

She turned her head around the corner that separated her from her future murderer. The curtains in the kitchen were already closed. The moonlight reflected on its torso, making a phantom on the curtains. Annie was scared yet intrigued.

He or she, she hadn't figured out their gender yet, looked confused themselves. It was looking in every possible direction before knocking again, causing Annie to let out an unexpected gasp. They seemed to have heard it since its head leaned against the window, trying to look inside.

Annie quickly hid behind the wall again. She was scared that despite the curtains, they would still see her and try to kill her. Or worse, kidnap her. She would rather be killed than kidnapped. After you're kidnapped, you will remember everything and you will have to live, knowing that it could happen anytime again.

If you're killed it's just so much easier. No traumatic experiences, no living in fear constantly. Yep, being killed seemed to be the best option. To make that happen, she must be confronted with her killer. She wanted to see them before she went down.

She rose her chest, her hands in fists, still with the hotels in her hand and walked to the door. She took a deep breath and took a glance in the mirror. You have to look decent when you're killed so when you're found, they don't just throw you away.

She opened the front door with her elbow and kicked it further open with her foot. "I'm ready, kill me if you want to." She tried her best to keep her eyes open but it was hard because the night light was shining in her eyes.

She saw a shoe come around the corner. With one step, her killer stood in front of her. She couldn't hold it no more, she closed her eyes. It seems she it too much of a wimp to face her death. She waited until she felt pain in any parts of her body, but the longer she waited, the longer it became awkward.