ɴɪɴᴇ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter nine ɞ
———————————

"You look beautiful, Annie." Annie saw Elijah standing outside her house, leaning against his car as he looked at her outfit. The passenger door was already opened so it wouldn't take too long to leave.

Annie stood up on her tippy toes to give Elijah a hug. He embraced her back; she fitted perfectly in his arms like they were made for her specifically. The hug lasted a good ten seconds before they pulled away.

"It's nice to see you again." Annie said looking up at him. Without any more context Elijah stepped back so Annie could step in his car.

The weather in Los Angeles hadn't been at its best lately and gave Annie shivers as she was met with the cold leather seat. Thankfully, Elijah got in the car a little too late to notice Annie's shivers. Annie didn't want him to know she was cold.

"You want your seat to be heated?" He asked like he could read Annie's mind. It was that moment when Annie realized she had clamped her arms against her chest like her life was depending on it.

She released the tension in her arms and nodded her head. He turned both their seat heating up and pulled out the driveway.

Annie looked out the front window as she saw Los Angeles pass by. Every now and then she saw Elijah glance over to her. She tried her best not to smile, it would give away that she liked him instantly.

"You know, if you keep looking at me you might kill both of us." It made him giggle. It didn't give Annie the butterflies she got whenever she made Asher laugh but his laugh certainly did not just pass by without having an effect on Annie.

She couldn't quite lay a finger on her feelings towards Elijah. He was handsome and all and he made her laugh, but it's not Asher. Asher made her feel a different type of way on a whole other level.

"Where is your mind at?" Annie looked at him but kept quiet. How could she answer him if she didn't even know the answer herself? She left the question unanswered.

Elijah's hand left the steering wheel and pushed on one of the many buttons in his car, music filled Annie's ears.

It didn't take them long before they got to Panera Bread. Elijah had suggested it the night before and Annie was beyond excited to know Panera Bread was his first choice. Asher always refused to take her to Panera bread since he hated it.

Elijah stopped the car and got out before Annie could even realize the car had stopped. He opened her door and held his hand out for her to grab. Annie grabbed it with a smile and let him pull her up.

Annie shivered when his warm hand left hers. "Wait, I have something for you." Annie was confused as Elijah walked walked to his trunk and came back with a jacket.

He offered her the jacket and she took it gratefully. It matched her outfit perfectly which made it even better.

They walked inside and a soupy smell hit Annie's nose. Elijah smiled at Annie's tongue licking her lips; he found it adorable.

"Want to sit over here?" Elijah pointed against one of the tables in the middle of the restaurant. Who sits in the middle of a restaurant when you have all the tables available?