ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter fourteen ɞ
———————————

"Here, try it." He held it close to her mouth but Annie was quick enough to pull away. She drastically shook her head, holding her hands to her mouth.

"I'm not putting it in my mouth, Elijah. Have you seen what you are holding?" Elijah moved his gaze from Annie's eyes to the object he was holding.

He thought it looked perfectly fine, better than fine to be exact. If you were to ask him what his guilty pleasure was it would definitely be this. No, he wasn't guilty one bit, he loved it.

"Uh-huh, and you are trying it." Annie opened her mouth to talk back when Elijah spoke before she could. "I don't want any excuses."

Annie hesitated. She didn't want to get sick but she also didn't want to reject him, she knew all he was trying to do was being nice. "Fine, just one bite."

A mixture of crunchy and soppy, sweet and savory filled her mouth. She hated every second of it. Why did she do this again?

"Who eats a peanut butter sandwich with chocolate sprinkles?" She couldn't talk anymore when she felt the need of vomiting. She had barely even swallowed it before having the disgusting feeling of throwing up.

Her breathing quickened. Annie didn't have many fears. She wasn't one to be afraid of spiders or snakes, but there was one thing she could not stand.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? Calm down, you're okay." He held her close to his chest, attempting to calm her down. He didn't know what was happening to her, but he wanted to make it stop.

She hit him hardly on his chest. She regretted it immediately, but she needed to be out of his grip. It only made her feel trapped, and that the last thing she wants to be right now.

He felt rejected, but forgave her. He was completely helpless, she didn't want him to hold him yet she didn't want him to go far.

She gagged, scaring herself even more. It almost felt as if she was choking. "What's happening, Annie?" He stokes her back, but she arched her back so he was stroking air.

Even though him touching her back scared her, it gave her the relaxation she needed. Her breathing evened out and she became calm again.

"What happened, Annie? You're scaring me. Say something, please." For the first time, Annie made eye contact. He could clearly see the worry in her eyes.

He nudged his eyebrows, attempting to get Annie to speak without pressuring her. He felt scared, worried and so many more emotions all at once. It was like a rollercoaster in his head.

"I'm fine." She said, out of breath from hyperventilating. She felt his hand rubbing her back, calming her even more. How did his touch impact her this much?

He nodded hesitantly. He didn't believe her one bit, he could tell she was lying. She was out of control a minute ago and now she is acting as if nothing happened?

"You know I hate liars, right? I know we haven't know each other for long, but I don't want us to keep secrets from each other."

"You don't trust me anymore because I was choking?" Disbelief was clearly heard in her voice. "We were perfectly fine and now you think I'm keeping secrets from you?"