ғɪᴠᴇ

NEVER MIND
ʚ chapter five ɞ
———————————

"Are your out of your mind? Since when do I do drugs, idiot?" Annie was completely flabbergasted by Asher's accuse . She hadn't ever done drugs before and she certainly wasn't planning on it, she hasn't even smoked a cigarette.

Asher remained silent, thoughts racing through his mind. If she wasn't on drugs, then why doesn't she remember anything about yesterday?

"Are you going to answer me? What made you think I was on drugs?" A wave of guilt ran through Annie's body and asher noticed. She knew she never should've taken it that far, they shouldn't have even started.

"So you do remember? You know.. yesterday." A rosy color showed up on Asher's cheeks, matching with his pink swollen lips from yesterday. He broke their eye contact, focusing his gaze on his legs swinging from the counter.

A blush rose upon Annie's cheeks, her cheeks matching with her pink swollen lips as well. "Yes." Her voice was low and slightly muffled by the sounds of Asher's eggs cooking.

Annie walked away to grab a plate from one of the cabinets, leaving Asher alone stuck in his thoughts. So she did remember, then why has she been acting like nothing happened between them?

Asher got off the counter when Annie handed him his plate, taking a seat at the kitchen island. Annie sat next to him, making him nervous all over again.

"Look, the reason why I'm not bringing it up is because it's the past, an one time thing Asher. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. It happened in the heat of the moment," she said while casually eating her eggs on toast.

Annie's words hit Asher like a truck but he knew it was for the best. Sure, of course it was an one time thing. What else was he expecting from her? "Yeah, you're right."

"You do remember Nick is coming over in like fifteen minutes and he has the final product with him." Annie grabbed her plate and sets it in the dishwasher while Asher's wasn't even halfway done. "You okay?" Annie asked him when he didn't answer her, instead he kept his eyes on his plate.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm not hungry, I'm sorry. Can you call nick to tell him to come over another day?" Asher didn't even wait for a response since he was already on his way to his room.

Annie's words did something to him, something he couldn't lay a finger on. He felt relieved and disappointed at the same time. Relieved at the fact she didn't make a deal out of it but disappointed because he felt like she didn't care about the feelings she gave his last night.

He walked to the bathroom, slowly undressing himself on his way there, leaving a track of clothes on the floor. He still felt her fingers following every line appearing on his chest as he looked in the mirror.

The way she messed up his hair with her tiny hands, the way she had to stand on her tippy toes in order to reach his lips and therefore he hovered over her so she didn't have to stand up high. And that exact moment, where he had to hover over her so she could reach him, made him feel so powerful.

He stepped in the shower, following the same lines on his chest she followed yesterday. He still felt the same tingling feeling whenever something touched his chest.

He thought that if he showered he would wash off any remaining tracks she had left on him but it wasn't as successful as he thought. It made him miss her even more than before now all her tracks were gone. He needed her body warmth to be on his again.