●down●

■

Atarah had givenup, this was it. It has been a good year since she arrived, she was understood that she had no say in this anymore. In two months, she'd have to walk down the aisle with a man she hated.

She wanted to understand why. Why this man want wanted to marry her. She couldn't see why, it took her a while to accept that she wasn't going home. She mentally and physically exhausted of trying.

She silently sat in the cake tasting hall. Lorenzo sat scrolling through his phone while his mother and siblings were going around tasting the cakes. "Lo, come taste this one, it's red velvet." Elena exclaims skipping over to Lorenzo.

"Lena, you know I don't like sweets." Lorenzo pets her head sending her a small smile before refocusing on his phone. "What about you Atarah." She turns to Atarah.

She keeps quiet staring into space. "Elena stop bothering them, come taste this cake." Lorenzo mother sighs . Elena stares at Atarah before skipping over to  her mom.

                                ◇                                   

  Atarah stares out the window, they were at flower shop for the bouquet she was supposed to hold. Lorenzo was gently holding her hand for whatever reason. These past days he had been kinder than usual, and more attentive.

He was conversing with the owner in Italian, obviously over the flowers. She looked around the shop. It was a beautiful shop, her eyes kept drawings back to the roses.

Lorenzo looks back noticing her gaze on the roses. He grabs a bouquet of roses giving it to the owner saying something in Italian causing the owner to scurry behind a door. Lorenzo sighs pulling me out of shop gently into the black audi his chauffeur drove.

I sat in the back glancing out the window noticing a few scary looking men in black. Lorenzo notices glaring at them. "Cara, stay down and don't get up no matter what." He orders his eyes were darker than usual.

I get down low covering my head as he walks out locking the car door behind him. I'm a matter of minutes bullets were flying and people were screaming.

I shake in fear for a while before realising the shooting had stopped. "Lady Salem, are you alright?" The driver as me, I nod slowly getting up.

I look out the window and my heart drops, my blood ran cold.