Back Home

Aslan, Prince Caspian, my siblings and I were stood in front of a crowd of what looks like thousands of people. Behind us was two trees wound together to look like a door and i couldn't keep my eyes off it.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians." Caspian started. "Just as it does to man. Any telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. But for any of you who wish." He glanced at Aslan before saying  "Aslan will return you to the land of our forefathers."

This caused an explosion of mutters and tuts between the people in front of us. "It's been generations since we left Telmar." One of the men in the crowd shouted out.

"We're not referring to Telmar." Aslan corrected the man. "Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our kings and queens."

I felt my heart sink as I realised that this was it. Our amazing adventure in Narnia was over and I had to go back to boring old London again. I looked around at how beautiful Narnia is, the trees, the beautiful castle and the gorgeous dresses everyone was wearing.

One of Miraz's guards broke my thoughts "I will go. I will accept the offer." However, I had no clue what the "offer" was.

"So will we." agreed a couple in the crowd.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good." Aslan said when the trio reached him. Aslan gestured towards the twisted tree trunks behind us as the volunteers walked through.

They disappeared. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as the crowd erupted into questions, shouts and concerns. "Sire," Reepicheep spoke up louder than the others, "if my example can be of any service, I will take 11 mice through with no delay."

Aslan smirked at the brave mouse and turned to meet Peters gaze. "We'll go." my eldest brother replied.

"We will?" Edmund asked as i pulled on Peters arm, shaking my head.

Peter shook his hand out of my grip(nearly causing me to fall over might I add) and walked towards Caspian to hand him his sword. "I will look after it until you return." the prince replied, smiling.

"I'm afraid that's just it," Susan started, "we're not coming back."

"We're not?" Lucy asked, her voice cracking as I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"You three are," Peter said walking towards me and cradling me in his arms as i sniffled. "At least i think he means you three." he said, glancing at Aslan.

"But why?" Lucy asked the lion, "Did they do something wrong?"

Peter wiped the tears off my face and tickled my stomach, this made me laugh but only lightly as I was still trying to figure out how bittersweet this moment was.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own." Aslan replied in his deep, comforting voice.

"It's alright Lu. It's not how i thought it would be but it's alright. One day you'll see two. Come on." Peter said placing a hand on Lucy's shoulder.

I slid down from Peters arms and walked over to Trumpkin to give him a goodbye hug. I didn't know how long it was going to be before i saw him again or if i ever would. That broke my heart. Then, I jogged over to Aslan, i buried my head in his soft fur as he told to me to be good.

I turned round to see Susan and Caspian stood facing each other. All of a sudden, my eyes were covered by Peters large hand and despite my efforts to get him to move it, he wouldn't budge. Eventually, after a cheer from the crowd, he moved it so i scowled at him.

And just like that it was time to leave. After taking one last glance at the beautiful world of Narnia, i followed my sibling through the archway of a tree trunk. Narnia materialised into home, well the train station. I looked down to see myself back in my old pinafore and bowler hat, holding my battered case.

I was home.

"Aren't you coming Phylis?" the tall boy from before asked Susan. She chuckled to herself and led the rest of us onto the crowded tube train. Lucy held onto my hand as we looked around at each other. I don't know what the others where thinking but i was still amazed at what had just happened.

"Do you think we could get back?" Edmund said whilst searching in his bag. "I left my new torch in Narnia."

My sibling and I chuckled at Edmunds stupidity whilst Susan friend stared at us confused.

As I watched the doors close, I realised that I was now a part of it all. No more misunderstanding or feeling left out. I had visited Narnia.