•➊➏•

Now Playing;
Falling: By Trevor Daniel
<Full Version>
0:00»——————————«3:10
"My last made me feel like I would never try again, but when I saw you I felt something I never felt."

(Y/N) POV

Max and I finally make it back to the hotel and both release a sigh of exhaustion. It was around 6 pm and no sign of the campers anywhere. Which was pretty fucking strange if you ask me or whatever.

The slightly taller male walks in through the lobby doors and headed straight towards the elevator, while I headed to the snack back and get a water.

"(Y/N)!!!!" A painful screech rings through my head. I turn around and see David with a "stern" look on his face.

"What do you want dick face." I say with clear annoyance in my voice. "You, young man, have some explaining to do."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever whore." Rolling my eyes, I take a seat and spin off the water bottle cap.

"I'm serious mister! You had Gwen and I worried sick!" "Stop fucking blaming me! Max took part of this too. Why are you getting all on my ass for it."

"Because (Y/N), we are both used to Max doing it, but for you, we don't want your parents to say anything bad about this camp." David takes a seat next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me faggot." I push his arm off me and stand up. "I don't know what type of child molestation this is, but I don't stand for it." David gasps in shock of what I just said.

"(Y/N) you know I'm not like that. In fact, I'm just trying to be the father figure I knew you've wanted." The ginger headed adult shock his head slowly and looked away. "I know what happened to your mom and dad, (Y/N)... I know your step-father is putting you up for adoption soon... I just want you to have a great summer without any worries."

Me, being the huge bitch I am, scoffed at David's stupidity.

"You're being retarted, bighead. You can't fix what's already broken into a million pieces." "That's true... but I can at least try (Y/N)."

We just looked at each other in complete silence until the 28 year old spoke. "I used to have a son... He was the most precious human being I've ever cared for. I adopted him when he was 9 and I was just fresh out of high school. 18 to be exact." I took a seat next to him again now gaining interest on where this story was heading.

"My boyfriend, who was 20 at the time, said he was ready to have a child with me. We've been together for almost 4 years and he really believed he was ready, and so was I. So one day we headed down to an adoption center and we adopted a 9 year old named Dylan. He had serious turrets syndrome and social anxiety. My boyfriend promised me he would never leave and we'd both take care of him until the end." David paused and sighed.

"Not to long ago, almost 2 years now, my brother thought it was best if he only had one father instead of 2... so he went ahead and left Dylan and I by ourselves and he took all the money with him. Ever since then I've worked at Camp Campbell full time for extra money, soon to realize it was completely useless cause Dylan stuck by his other fathers' side and would always be with him. Not until his father started his new job as a leader and soon lost the respect of Dylan. I have no idea if Dylan is alive or not, but everyday I hope he is." David's eyes started to water and I got off my seat to give him a hug.

"I'm sorry David... I didn't know." I say genuinely pulling away from him. "It's okay (Y/N). You didn't cause any of this or even knew."

The rest of the night at the snack bar consisted of the teal eyed male and I sharing stories about our lives and chatting. At some point I'm pretty sure he ordered something to eat.

"I had fun hanging out with you, dickhead." I said with a dry chuckle at the end. "Me too (Y/N), I'm glad we got to know each other and actually have fun." David smiles brightly and I blushed lightly and let out a small smile.

"We should probably go to sleep now, huh?" "Yeah. Max is probably bored out of his head, might as well get him some sort of snack for him to eat." David nods and throws away his trash. "Night mister, make sure you get some rest and not sneak out." "No promises Davey." I say.

I grab a chip bag and some soda for Max, knowing he wouldn't want anything healthy.

Honestly, David deserves so much better than his boyfriend. Also- I wonder if that Dylan kid is his actual son, I kind of doubt it but who knows.

The world is full of weird and wicked mysteries we might never solve until the end of time.

I of all people should know this, speaking from experience and self taught lessons from my childhood. Yup. Good ol' childhood.