Chatper 4: Things Changing

--Fluttershy POV--

After my friends had left I went downstairs searching for Discord. I found him sleeping on the couch. his face was relaxed and he was curled up in a ball. I loved watching him sleep because it was a whole new side of him I didn't get to see often.

I walked up to Discord and gently nudged him with my hoof. He stirred and opened his eyes halfway. Seeing me, his eyes opened all the way.

"What did they say my sweet?" Discord asked immediately though he was groggy. His voice was raspy and deeper than normal.

Discord sat up to allow me to sit down, which I instantly did. My hooves were starting to ache more. It was probably due to all the weight I'm putting on them due to my size.

"Well they were all very supportive. Twilight said she was going to do some research and tell us what she finds. Rarity, of course, is going to make some baby clothes. The rest are just going to be there for us," I said smiling. It was nice to have friends who cared about you so much. I hoped that they would grow to love Discord the same way. Afterall, he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Discord smiled, I knew he was starting to like my friends even though we did trap him back into stone. He understood that what he was doing was wrong. Discord, even after his second slip-up, has thanked me time and time again for making him see that being feared isn't the same as being loved.

"How about we go back to bed for awhile?" Discord offered. I nodded and he stood up. He was very gentle with me. He scooped me up and walked to our bedroom. It wasn't anything big or extravagant. It was simple, just like my life had been before Discord came in.

He laid me down and then climbed in himself. Discord rolled over and wrapped a paw around my waist. I smiled and then fell into a deep sleep.

--Discord POV--

I woke up and heard voices coming from the living room. Quickly I looked over to where Fluttershy normally sleeps, only to find her gone. I knew somepony had to be here. Fluttershy couldn't get out of bed or get off a couch without help.

I threw the blanket off and went downstairs. Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 were there talking to Fluttershy who was sitting there smiling but had a nervous look on her face.

"Discord, you're up!" Twilight said, "I was just telling Fluttershy what I found. Female dragonques are in fact more powerful than males, but they tend to be more destructive. For example, you would only cause things to go haywire. If your foal isn't raised to know right from wrong she could potentially destroy all of Equestria. Even us four Princesses wouldn't stand a chance against her,"

My stomach dropped. It was all too much for me. I've never had the entire fate of Equestria rest on my shoulders before. Alright, I lied. I did but that turned out horribly. I can't even trust myself to make sure my daughter will grow up to be a good pony.

Fluttershy was watching me carefully. I looked over at my wife. Her face was strained but there was a determined look on her as well. She believed that we could do this. It made me feel better knowing the Fluttershy trusted me that much.

"So, this means that the fate of Equestria is going to be based on how your foal is raised," Rarity said, her voice echoing through my house.

Fluttershy and I nodded at the same time, causing us to smile. We would do the most random things together. Suddenly, Fluttershy burped and turned Twilight's book into daises. Everypony was stunned. Including myself.

"Oh my," Fluttershy squeked. I snapped my fingers and the book returned to normal. I'd forgotten that once the mother comes to a certain point the foal's magic will come through as burps. Fluttershy looked at me, "Is that normal?"

Twilight nodded, "It happens to all mothers who are carrying a dragonques."

I rolled my eyes. I liked Twilight but she was such, as Rainbow Dash would say, an egghead. Honestly, I've grown to like all of them. Applejack, Rarity, Spike, Twilight, Pinkie Pie (my favorite), and even Rainbow dash. They'd all grown on me like moss due to my love for their friend, my wife.

I smiled at Fluttershy, who smiled back. Pinkie Pie started babling and it was causing my head to hurt. I poofed up a cotton candy cloud to make her silent. Pinkie still tried to talk while drinking. I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. The rest of the mane 6, including Fluttershy, laughed.

I smiled against my irritation. It was nice to have ponies who's willing to do anything to help you. I smiled and thought, "Friendship really is magic."