Chapter 13: Changing Course

--Fluttershy POV--

Discord ran into the living room with a concerned look on his face. He quickly looked for me. I was sitting on the couch with Angel who jumped off the couch and ran away at the sight of my husband.

"Discord," I said, "What's wrong?"

"I got an overwhelming feeling from Daisy then it cut of. I'm afraid something has happened," Discord replied and looked at the door. He probably heard one of the animals.

Suddenly there was a loud and feantic knock on the door. I hastily got up and answered it. Daisy was draped on Big Mac's back and Rainbow Dash and Applejack were standing right beside them.

I moved over to allow them to come in and within seconds Daisy was laying on our couch.

I walked over to Daisy and saw that she was unconsious. I sighed relief. There was no way that the universe could be cruel enough to take my own daughter away from me too soon.

Discord bent over Daisy and got up with a half-smile on his face. He must've realized that she was just passed out.

We all waited in an awkward silence. About ten minutes passed by before Daisy started to stir. When she opened her eyes she yelped.

"Daisy are you alright?" Discord and I asked her at the same time. Both of our voices were heavy with concern and curiousity.

"Yeah, but how did I get here?"

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Big Mac all moved a bit closer. I could see how uncomfortable Big Mac was.

"Well ya see. Big Mac was talkin' ta Granny at the table when Daisy and I, along with Dash, walked in. We overheard Big Mac tell Granny that he likes your daughter. Then she passed out so we thought the best place to bring her would be here," Applejack explained.

I was shocked. Big Mac likes my little Daisy? I looked between them. They would be cute together. Honestly, I wouldn't want any other colt to like my daughter.

Discord, on the other hoof, seemed angry. Discord and I had a small connection ourselves. We can communicate telepathically. It must have come from when we would silently talk to each other.

Big Mac cleared his throat and stepped closer.

"I know I don't know Daisy very well but I would like to change that. Discord, can I have permission to ask your daughter out on a date?" Big Mac asked looking right at Discord.

--Discord POV--

I sputtered. This was the pony who trash talked me. This was the pony that I could've lost Fluttershy too. Now he wants to take my daughter too?

I was clearly in limbo with my answer. I felt a light pressure on my thigh and looked down. Fluttershy was leaning against me, trying to soothe me.

I looked at Daisy who had a hopeful look on her face. I couldn't say no now. I sighed.

"Big Mac you have my permission," I mumbled. Everypony in the room looked at me, except Fluttershy.

"What?" I asked, annoyance clear in my voice, "Can't a father give into his own daughter's wishes?"

Yeah, I was being snappy. I just didn't want my Daisy to just go to any colt. They all looked away. I went upstairs and laid on my bed. Dear Celestia help me.