Chapter 5: Incoming

--Fluttershy POV--

Discord and I had gone back to our regular schedule again. I hadn't had anything strange happen beside the daisies. We were outside feeding the animals who were very understanding of Discord. They trusted him more than my friends. I think it's due to the fact that he looks like he's made up of animal parts.

Suddenly, i got sharp pains in my lower abdomen. it hurt to breathe. I concentrated on breathing but the pain wouldn't stopped. The pain was unbearable, I yelled shallowly, barely above a whisper, "Discord!"

Discord teleported to me, "My dear what's wrong?"

"Doctor...now..." I said in between spasms of pain and breaths. Discord nodded and called my animal friends. the birds made a platform that hovered out of their bodies. I climbed on and Discord and the birds flew me to the hospital. The birds placed me in Discord's arms and flew back to the cottage.

Discord took me into the lobby and talked to the nurse. i didn't hear what he said, i was passing out. All I remembered was Discord placing me on a gurney.

--Discord POV--

I laid Fluttershy down on the gurney where she promptly passed out. I knew that pain was going to be bad. It's always the worst when having a dragonques. Luckily a pony can only have one dragonques in their lifetime.

The nurse and I rolled her to a room where the nurse hooked her up to the machines. She then left to go get our doctor. Doctor Shine had been the one to let us know that Fluttershy was pregnant. We continued to go to him because he understood that Fluttershy was fragile. he was gentle with her. It was nice but at the same time I'd get a pang of jealousy. the only ponies who were gentle to Fluttershy cared about her. But I had to trust Doctor Shine. He was helping my wife.

He came In and instantly soaked up all the information he needed to know. I'd told the nurse about her pains. I was nervous, my dear Fluttershy was in pain, I hated to see her in pain, especially when I didn't know why. Doctor Shine began to ask me some questions.

"How far along is she?" He inquired.

"I'd say about nine month," I said then realization hit me. Fluttershy was having contractions. Out foal was on her way.

"Discord, it seems to me that she's about to have the foal," Doctor Shine said, and began to get ready for delivery. He went out of the room to get the nurse. When he returned he was wearing a blue smock and a ventilation mask. Doctor Shine handed me my own pair which I quickly put on.

The nurse walked in just as Fluttershy woke up. She squeaked when she saw us. I took initiative to calm her.

"Its alright my dear. The pains you are having are contractions. Our foal will be born soon," I said, practically gasped. I was going to be a father.

--Fluttershy POV--

My mind was numb, but my body was in pain. Discord held my hoof for support. The doctor said that she'd be coming soon. Suddenly, a wave of undescribable pain racked my body.

"Alright Fluttershy, it's time. Deep breaths now and push," he said soothingly.

I did as the doctor ordered and pushed. More pain went through me. I wanted this over so I pushed harder. This went on for a few minutes.

"I can see her head!" Doctor Shine exclaimed and that made me push harder. Within a few moments I felt the pain go away. Then ear shattering wailing filled the room belonging to none other than my daughter. Tears formed in my eyes. I looked at discord who looked pale but had a proud smoke on his face.

"I want to hold her," I demanded. The doctor handed her to me and I gasped. she looked so much like Discord except she had pale pink hair. It took my breath away once she opened her eyes. She had my teal eyes.

"What should we name her?" Discord said, I thought for a moment. A memory popped up of when I burped and the closet thing would turn into daisies.

"How about Daisy?" I asked. It suited her. Discord nodded and smiled. We were finally a family.