Chapter 2: A Riddle

Fluttershy POV-

What could Celestia want? My heart beat quickened and I was on the verge of passing out. I took a few deep breath and calmed myself enough to wonder if something was threatening Equestria. I can't do any fighting pregnant.

"Discord, what if something is hurting ponies and we need to use the chest? I can't do anything right now," I said concern was heavy in my tone. I began to breath heavily again.

"My dear, I doubt that Celestia would put you and our filly in trouble. Its probably not as bad as you think," Discord said. His tone was steady and sure but his eyes betrayed him, showing his worry. He put his arm around me and held me close.

"Maybe we should just go see what she wants," Discord said and let go of me. Helping me up he smiled. Discord's love for me has only grown and now that we were going to become a family excited him.

I nodded and Discord grabbed my hoof. We started to walk there, the doctor said that magic can effect the foal so we haven't taken any chances with teleporting.

It took us awhile to get to the train station due to my size. Discord offered to carry me but I politely declined. I didn't want to burden him. Once we got there we bought tickets and made our way to the train.

We boarded and found some seats. Ponies were looking at Discord warily. Almost expecting him to cause some chaos. I giggled and that made Discord smile. He'd noticed it too.

"Discord, what do you think Celestia wants to see us for? It has to be important otherwise she wouldn't of asked us to come see her personally," I asked, I was still very worried about what might be happening.

"Oh dear, she's probably just wondering how the foal is doing," Discord said. I knew he was just trying to comfort me. I let it go and smiled getting one in return.

When we finally reached Canterlot, Discord and I made our way to the castle. We got stared at the whole time. Ponies still weren't used to Discord and I being together. I understood why though. Discord, Lord of Chaos, loved the most timid and shy pony in all of Equestria.

The castle was huge and as always was guarded. The guards sneered at Discord but were nice to me. It made me upset. Yes Discord has made some bad choices but hasn't everypony? Discord could feel that I was upset and placed a paw on my back, instantly calming me down.

The guards escorted us to the throne room where Princess Celestia was waiting. My stomach got butterflies and I wanted to run out of the room. I looked up at my husband. He was as nervous as I was. I took a breath and soothed myself.

"Fluttershy, Discord. I have something urgent to tell you," Princess Celestia's soothing voice filled the room and echoed. Almost eerily.

Discord nodded and I just watched. This was beginning to become to much for me. The world became blurry at the edges and then went black.

--Discord POV--

I looked at Fluttershy and saw her faint. I quickly caught her and Celestia walked up.

"We should take her to your old room. She needs to be awake when I tell you," Celestia said kindly and we went to my old room. It was weird being there after all this time. It didn't look much different besides that it was bare.

I laid Fluttershy on the bed and sat next to her. Celestia took a seat on the floor. I wanted to make a joke about how the ruler of Equestria was sitting on the floor in front of her subject but decided against it. Now wasn't the time to be making jokes.

We sat there and waited for what felt like eternity. Actually no, what I felt when I was stone was eternity. I heard a slight squeal and looked at my wife. She was so pretty. Her pink mane was like a waterfall gently falling around her face. Her teal eyes were enchanting.

Fluttershy stirred and looked around, her eyes stopped when she saw me. A grin grew on her face. Her smile was contagious, instantly causing me to smile though it was a nervous moment.

Celestia cleared her throat, gaining our attention. Fluttershy's smile faded almost instantly. She began to breath heavy again so I scooped her up into my arms to calm her. My wife was such a small pony, I felt as if I'd break her whenever I held her.

"Now the reason why you're here," Celestia said, on edge.

I looked at Fluttershy who was looking at me. I returned my gaze to Celestia and nodded.

"You're foal may be more than you bargained for. No doubt she'll be a little bit of a handful. The next few months will be difficult but worth it nonetheless," Celestia said, her words were riddled. It made me frustrated. I wish she'd just tell us what he meant.

"Is that all? Fluttershy has been worrying that something terrible was happening," I was quite upset with her. Celestia should've known that Fluttershy would assume the worst. Stress wasn't good for her right now.

"I'm sorry, but this is important. Your foal will have to be taught right from wrong. Its imperative that it happens. If it doesn't it could be the downfall of Equestria," Celestia's tone was stern but filled with concern. It really must be important.

I nodded and the guards escorted the three of us to the front doors. Fluttershy and I said our goodbyes and left. I was worried. Our foal could destroy the world as we knew it. I sighed and looked at my wife. I could see her worry, it was almost as if it was rolling off of her in waves.

I put my paw on her back and began to rub circles. Fluttershy looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I frowned, I hated to see her upset. We had been walking and just got to the train station. We got on and found some seats in the back.

"My dear, what's wrong?" I asked. I was worried about my wife, she was supposed to start having mood swings.

"It's...just that...our foal could...destroy Equestria. I'm just worried," Fluttershy gasped between silent sobs. My face creased with understanding. I was just as worried as she was.

"It'll be alright, with you as her mother our foal will be the best behaved," I smiled, hoping my words would give her comfort. She smiled and I wiped away her tears. We were silent for the rest of the way back. We were beat. It'd taken most of the day to see Celestia.

Once we got back to the cottage we went straight to bed, where I had a terrible nightmare.