Chapter 6: Worries

--Fluttershy POV--

The next few weeks passed in a blur. Having a filly to take care of along with animals is hard. Discord and I had fallen back into our routine. I was surprised when one night after putting Daisy to sleep he decided to confess his worries with me.

I sat down next to him on the couch. Discord pulled me closer to him by wrapping his arm around me. I sighed happily. This is the type of happiness I've always wanted.

"Fluttershy?" Discord asked. He was tense and had tears in his eyes.

"Yes Discord?" I said quietly. He was going to confess something big to me. I just didn't know what.

--Discord POV--

I wasn't quite sure how to put into words what I was feeling. Fluttershy always knew what to do with Daisy. She was a natural mother. I, on the other hand, go completely blank on what I'm supposed to do when Daisy is upset or being stubborn.

"I don't feel like I'm going to be a good father," I said then looked at my wife. Her eyes were understanding but thoughtful. It made me nervous so I continued, "I don't know what to do when Daisy cries. It makes me feel like I'm not a good enough father for her."

That made me think of Big Mac. What is he doing now that Fluttershy and I have gotten married and had a foal? What does he think of me? Does he resent my being with Fluttershy? I groaned mentally. Why does life have to be so hard and confusing. Funny me saying that being the Lord of Chaos where nothing makes sense.

"Discord," Fluttershy said and placed a hoof on my leg."You're a wonderful father. I know it must be hard but all babies have the same needs. You've helped me this past year take care of the animals. You took care of the babies when I wasn't able to get up because of how nauseous I was. Taking care of a foal is the same. Tender love, and care is all it takes."

I smiled and kissed her fore head. She always made me feel better no matter how lost I felt. It was one of the many reasons why I loved her. Fluttershy was the most caring and beautiful pony I'd ever laid eyes on.

When I'd first met her in the maze I was stunned at her looks. Fluttershy looked so frightened it almost made me want to give up. Naturally dragonques are stubborn and decided not to let this mare mess up my plans.

Look how far that got me.

I stood up and picked her up in me arms. I then teleported us outside. We still needed to feed the animals then head into town. We needed to buy some apples from the market. Hopefully Applejack was working the stand today.

--Big Mac POV--

I know I should be over her after all its been two years since she married that thing. There's just something inside that won't let it go. Maybe its that freak of nature she's dating. I don't know.

Fluttershy. That name still gives me shivers every time I hear it. Applejack doesn't bring her up around me anymore cause I'm still hurting. I appreciate it but Applejack has gone so far out of her way for me. She delivers the food Fluttershy needs for her animals up to the cottage so I won't see her.

Doesn't help me today because I'm in the market. I spot a yellow pegasus carrying on her back what looks like a miniature Discord. As she gets closer I realize that it's a foal. The foal has pale pink hair like Fluttershy's and her eyes to. I'm mesmerized but upset at the same time.

How could Fluttershy choose that, that monster over me and then have a foal with it? I wanted to run away,but it was too late.

"Uh, excuse me?" Fluttershy's heavenly voice hit my ears.

"Eeyup," I said in a husky tone.

"Could I get a dozen apples please?" Fluttershy asked, she was stiff. Suddenly a voice calls out from the crowd.

"Oh my dear Daisy! Now where have you and your mother gone off to?" Discord suddenly appears next to Fluttershy and picks the foal up.

My stomach drops and my anger soars. Why?! I wanted to shout at him. I wanted them to be ruined. I looked at the mare that was almost mine. Fluttershy is looking at Discord swing the foal around. There was so much love in her eyes.

"What's the foal's name?" I asked and began to pick out some apples for her.

"Her name is Daisy," Fluttershy said it with so much love and caring. She really did love that...thing of a husband.

I nodded and handed her the basket of apples she paid me. Discord was staring at me with a mixed expression on his face. He handed Daisy to Fluttershy and whispered something to her. She glanced at me then nodded.

"Come on Daisy, let's go to Auntie Pinkie's house," Fluttershy stated out loud. Daisy smiled and made a cute gurgling noise. They trotted off towards Sugar Cube Corner. After they were a bit away when Discord walked up to me. I braced myself. Expecting the worst.

"Big Mac, I know that you're not happy about my relationship with Fluttershy. But would you do me one favor?" Discord said. His tone was kind enough but there was an undertone to it. I nodded.

"Would you please refrain from thinking of me as a monster? Or a thing? I am a god you know. I can do things other ponies can't. Like read minds. Oh yes, I heard what you were thinking. It was practically screaming at me. One helpful tip Big Mac. Please get over Fluttershy. As much as it may bother you its not going to change anything. So please do us and you a favor, try to find somepony else to love." Discord stated then snapped his fingers, leaving me alone with my thoughts.