Chapter 9: Farewell, My Little Flower

--2 years later--

--Fluttershy POV--

Time had passed too fast. I didn't want my only child to leave me. I started to cry. I was alone in the living room. Discord was upstairs helping Daisy pack. We had bought her a little house for herself. Daisy wasn't even gone yet and I already felt the terrible loss of my baby girl.

I'd been crying for a while when they finally came down. Discord's eyes were red and puffy. He'd been crying too. They came over to me and Daisy hugged me, beginning to sob into my shoulder.

"M-mom, I love you so much. How you put up with dad for this long is a miracle in itself. That's what you are to me mom. My personal miracle. I love you both so much. You've helped me become the mare I am today. One thing I don't understand. Why is dad so naturally mischievous but I'm so nice and caring?" Daisy said. There was a sincere tone of curiosity in her voice.

Even through the pain Daisy got us to smile.

"Well, uh. That's something he should explain," I said and bumped Discord's thigh with my body.

"Hey now. You know the answer as well as I do," Discord said smiling and nudged me back.

"Oh come on Dissy," I said in a teasing tone and a smile broke out across my face. He fake frowned, though a smile played that the edges of his mouth.

"Alright. You inherited your genes from me but you got your mom's personality," Discord explained quite simply. Laughter erupted from Daisy.

"T-that makes s-sense!" Daisy blurted in between laughs. I smiled and said, "Ah my dear, but what fun is there in making sense?"

"That's my thing!" Discord complained then pouted. I leaned against him and he looked at me and smiled.

Daisy was watching us. She wanted love like ours. We stopped goofing off and gave our daughter another hug. Daisy said her goodbyes and promised to see us soon. Then she left us alone.

Out once happy mood left. We needed each other now more than ever.

Over the next few months we got over it and Daisy came over everyday. Discord and I hadn't told her but we were considering having another foal. Maybe. Maybe not.