Chapter 15:What's Going on?

--Discord POV--

~Switching to present tense because I write better in it~

I hear Fluttershy call my name. Teleporting to her side I can instantly see that she's in immense pain. I bend down and gently scoop her up in my arms.

"Discord," Fluttershy whispers through clenched teeth, "Teleport there. This. It hurts so bad."

I look at her and teleport us to the hospital. I carry Fluttershy as I walk up to the emergency room.

"Will somepony please help ny wife?" I practically yell and a doctor and a nurse walk up with a gurney. I lay Fluttershy gently down and then kiss her forehead whispering, "I'll see you soon my sweet."

They then whisk her away into the bowels of the hospital.

I knew this was going to happen but I am powerless to stop it. Oh my dear, these next few days will be the hardest you'll ever have to endure.

-Fluttershy POV-

I'm being pushed around on a gurney. The walls are a puke green color and it only adds to my feeling of distress. What's wrong with me?

My face shows pain and the nurse looks down at me sympathetically. I feel like I'm going through contractions but I can't be. The baby isnt due for another three months.

A horrible idea creeps into my head. What if something is wrong with the baby? Tears form in my eyes. I don't know the filly growing inside of me but I desperately want to.

Finally, they stop and lift me off the gurney. Laying me down on a bed I can't help but notice the sad expressions on the doctor's and the nurse's face.

"Wh-what's wrong with me?" I ask quietly. That thought emerges again but I quickly shove it away. No way that could ever happen to me.

"We have to run a test to confirm my theory," Doctor...I look at his name tag. Doctor Cross says. I nod and he gently pokes my lower stomach. He pokes the center, exactly where the growing foal is, and I jerk away from the sudden pain.

"Oh no," Doctor Cross says with his eyebrows knitted together. His hoof is at his side but suddenly a dam inside me breaks. Blood spews from inbetween my legs.

"What's happening?!" I scream. The nurse runs over and puts a needle in my arm. The world around me begins to get fuzzy. I can feel my eyelids dropping but I need to stay awake. Fighting against it I see Discord come in. He looks pale and wears grief clearly on his face.

Then, I fall alseep.

-Daisy POV-

I'm sitting at the base of a tree at SAA watching Big Mac buck apples when I hear my dad talking to me faintly. I can't make out what he's saying.

I close my eyes and focus.

"Daisy! Get to the hospital now!"

My eyes flash open and I run to Mac. I tell him I have to leave and then teleport myself to the hospital. My father is standing in the waitng room. I go to him and when he looks up at me I can clearly see sadness.

"Daddy, what happened?" I ask concern dripping on every syllable. He sighs, "Your mother has...miscarried."

I am dumbfounded. Miscarried? The reality of it hits me. I won't be a big sister. My mom is in pain and I don't know what she's feeling right now.

Daddy leads me to a room and opens the door. My mom is laying down sleeping. I go to her bedside and hold her hoof. Tears begin to casade down my face.

I was excited about having a younger sibling to play with. I wanted us to become the best of friends. I look at my mother's face. Even in sleep I can see her worry.

I look at the clock hanging on the wall across from where Mommy is sleeping. Ten mintutes I've been in this room. Crying and wishing that things could be different.

I feel like a child again. Death, even when you don't know the pony who died, can make you realize how much you love somepony.

I quiet down but tears are still streaking down my face. Mommy's eyes slowly open.

"Daisy!" She exclaims and I stand up. Leanig over the bed I gently hug her.

"Dear," Daddy says, "You miscarried." Glistening tears form in the corners of both of my parents eyes.

Daddy hugs her tightly as I hear her sobs. I hug her too. We all bawl our eyes out. We all wanted a new bundle of joy to love.

The door clicks open and the doctor walks in. His eyes hold sympathy and sadness for us.

"We are very sorry. I hope this," He holds out a photo of a ultrasound, "Will help. The baby was doing fine until a week ago. Something must've triggered immense stress. That's the only logically explanation."

I feel cold and numb. What could've happened?

-Discord POV-

I did this. I sensed it was going to happen and by my leaving her randomly without telling her it caused the stress. I caused my dear wife to miscarry. I ultimately caused the death of our unborn child. This guilt will never go away.