Dining Hall

The Russian stared at the door for awhile, he then reached out for the handle and pushed the doors open.

The wind came rushing to his face, the flaps of his hat danced around. He was blinded by the bright light. Eventually the wind stopped and his vision cleared giving him full view of his surroundings.

Loud chatter floated around from each corner of the room, the room he was seeing was a dining hall no doubt. It seemed the dining hall was also used as a main hall, an opening out of all the chairs and tables on the side created a path leading to another area of the headquarters.

The wooden chairs and tables were all lined up in a straight manner. The roof was arched up and the room was lit with fancy lanterns and candles. There were a approximately four fireplaces in this large hall.

The roof was held up by large wooden pillars at the top of the roof.

This may not seem as fancy as the castle but it was a very good headquarters for servants and guards.

The Russian noticed a Christmas tree at the edge of the room which means that the royals give their servants and guards the freedom to celebrate on their own.

Russia swiftly shut the door behind him as he stepped inside, no one had noticed he had entered due to all the loud chatter. Not that he minded anyway.

He did need some help to find an empty room for him, he calmly scanned around the room for someone to ask but everyone seemed preoccupied except for one girl.

The Russian walked up to her, "I'd like directions to-"

"OH MY GOD HI! You must be new here, I've never seen you around before, are you a new guard? What's up with the outfit? That's not the usual guard outfit-" she was quite talkative and loud.

Eventually everyone was staring at the two of them because of this one sided conversation. "Well I'm Belarus, sorry for not mentioning my name before, you look very familiar, anyway what position do you work as?" She finally halted for a short while.

"A new royal guard and also America's personal guard," he said, his face unchanging. There was a sudden wave of chatter and murmurs from the crowd.

Out of nowhere Russia sensed a figure coming in close with fast speed. A guard popped out from the crowd and swung his sword at the Russian. He blocked it perfectly on time with the sword kept on his waist.

Eventually a circle of people formed around the two, "how ill mannered are you? You're his highness's personal guard yet you call him by his first name!"

They swung some more, Russia blocking all the attacks very easily. "America has given me permission to mention him without honorifics in fact it was more of an order," he replied.

"Are you lying or something? The prince has never allowed anyone here to do that and we've been working here for years, yet some newbie like you drops in unannounced and is suddenly favored by his highness? I don't believe it."

"I have no obligation to answer your questions,"

"Don't got cocky new kid!" He swung his sword a few times yet still failing to land a single hit or even sweep Russia off his feet.

Russia decided he had enough of this stupid argument, he slid his sword back onto his waist and turned his back away.

As he tried to walk off the guard decided to attack him again and swung his sword this time from quite above since the guard leaped beforehand.

The Russian had no time to take out his sword again, but he reacted quickly and grabbed the sword with his fabric gloves hand.

It gained a few gasps and murmurs from the crowd. Russia clenched the sword and sent it flying out of his hands with a simple tug. It landed on the floor with a loud clatter.