Sleepless Nights

As the sun rose from its resting spot sunlight peeked through the windows of the kingdom. There in his bedroom was America laying on his bed with his eyes wide open.

He simply couldn't sleep the entire night, tossing and turning. A part of him was extremely giddy and happy. The other part of him was anxious, he never really got a reply for his actions last night.

After kissing him the taller male jumped back in a daze, Russia immediately slapped his hand on his mouth once he realized what happened.

They both stared at each other for awhile in confusion with bright red faces. "I-I'm gonna leaves first goodbye!" America said in a panic and scattered away without another word.

He didn't really know where he was running off to, but somehow he ended up in a random corner of the castle where he lightly touched his lips. 'What the fuck did I do??!' The American smacked himself.

'Dumbass you don't even know how he feels and there you go making a move!' America shrunk back and covered his flustered face with his hands. 'But...' he peeked out through the area between his fingers.

He didn't quite finish his sentence, he wandered around the castle for awhile, almost bumping into the Russian as he strolled near the servant headquarters where he saw the Russian leaning against the door of the entrance with his hands crossed.

America almost turned the corner, but when he did and saw him there he scurried back the other way. 'I really don't want to see him right now,' the truth was that the American was afraid of what he'd say about it.

After wandering around for awhile he made his way to his room, crashing on the bed. He tightly hugged his pillow between his hand with his face half peeked out. America repeatedly raised his legs and slammed them back on the bed like a little lovesick girl.

Regardless of what Russia replied he knew that he himself enjoyed it.

The night went by in a flash with America continuously repeating the scenes of what happened that night. It was 6 before he even knew it.

'I should at least go to breakfast,' he thought with a grin on his face. America leaped up from his bed and ran a hand through his hair before swiftly leaving his room towards the royal dining room.

Luckily Russia hasn't showed up, America didn't really want to see him right now, if he did he'd probably die of embarrassment first.

As he slipped into the dining room he saw the palace maids preparing the table, they noticed America and stopped to greet him. "Good morning your royal highness, you're quite early today," they placed both they hands on their skirts and did a bow.

"Ahaha yeah, I couldn't sleep so I came early," the American rubbed his neck. "I must say your dance yesterday was quite amazing," another maid chimed as she set more plates down.

America's face turned a slight shade of pink after being reminded of last night, "ah yeah thank you."

"I hope it's not rude for me to ask a question," she said with a cheerful tone.

"Not at all, shoot,"

"Well I was wondering why you asked Russia to dance halfway through," she set down the last plate along with her fellow maid friends.

The maid that asked had pigtails, her flag was green, white, red and had a unique red pattern on the white side. "Well I'm only asking because Russia is like a brother to me so I guess I'm just curious!" Belarus put on an innocent smile.

"I just wanted him to enjoy the dance but I knew he wouldn't willingly dance without anyone asking him to, so I did," America half lied, it was true he wanted Russia to enjoy the dance but the other half was mostly just America being selfish, wanting to dance with him.

"I see, I see!" Belarus clapped her hands together, "well I finished my work here so I hope you'll excuse me and my friends."

"Of course, have a nice day Belarus," America waved them off, the other maids left first. Belarus was the last to leave, before she did she said something.

"By the way, the reason I asked was because he was all serious faced this morning, muttering things about dancing and prince and such,"

"Didn't you say you asked just because you were curious?" America laughed as she sprinted off to catch up to the other maids. "Well it was both!" She said before immediately shutting the doors behind her.

Soon the whole family came in and sat in their seats. America sat in his usual seat and ate whatever was on the menu for today but he couldn't help but feel a gaze on him the entire time.

"America you seem oddly... happy... today," his father cocked his eyebrow. "Oh do I?" America snapped out of his daydream. The prince was thinking about last night again, a bright smile slowly edged on his face as he did, arousing his father's curiosity.

France beamed with a smile, "isn't that a great thing?" She said with an air of friendliness around her. "Yeah you do seem oddly cheerful today," Canada said with a suspicious tone.

"Oh quit shitting me Can, aren't I always cheerful?" America retorted with a mischievous smile. Canada only scoffed and went back to eating his food.

As they finished up, America was about to leave before Canada forcefully pulled him into a random empty hallway. "What's up?" America cocked an eyebrow still with that grin plastered on his face.

"I saw you."

"What did you say?"

"Are you deaf or dumb? I said I saw you last night!" Canada repeated. "You mean on the dance floor? Yeah everyone saw me, no shit Sherlock," The American couldn't help chuckle at his own joke.

"No I mean... n-near the w-water fountain..." Canada started to get flustered and stutter. "Oh you did? What did you see?" America was teasing his brother. "You know what I mean! We only saw the kiss before we walked away!"

"Did anyone else see?" America crossed his arms, another smile plastered on his face, he asked without hesitation in his normal tone. "Just me and Ukraine, we were taking a walk and just happen to see you two," Canada calmed down and answered nonchalantly.

"How are you so calm about this?" He added.

"Calm? Are you kidding? My heart is running marathon!" The American prince let out a series of laughs. "You should've picked a more deserted spot," Canada laughed along.

"So are you gonna tell dad?"

"Nah, it's not my secret to tell, I'm sure you'll come out one day anyway," the Canadian smiled at his brother. "I won't tell dad about you and Ukraine either," the American placed a finger in front of his lips.

"Shut up!" The shorter prince playfully punched the taller prince on the arm jokingly as they laughed together. "How does Russia feel about it?"

Canada wanted some insight and info, he's a naturally smart and curious prince so It was just second nature for him to ask. "Its one sided, I was a dumbass and couldn't hold myself back,"

"Yikes good luck man,"

"Then I'll excuse myself," America walked past the Canadian. Just as he was, Canada gripped his shoulder, "seriously though, good luck."

"Thanks, you too," America smiled at him, Canada released his grip and they both parted ways. 'Well that was pretty embarrassing,' America's face turned bright red as soon as Canada was out of sight. He wasn't panicking though,

simply flustered but calm with a hint of excitement.

-----------------------

IM VERY HAPPY NONE OF YALL WERE SHITTING ON CANADA IN PAST CHAPTERS, AND IF YOU WERE I HOPE THIS CHAPTER HAS MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND :)

Notes : 1 spell check