Aftermath

The sun peeked through the windows, illuminating the room. The lingering scent of wine still remained even though it was only a little.

One slept on the bed and the other had already stood up. They fixed their outfit while yawning. Russia did not get any sleep last night, his hips were sore due to not moving the entire night. All he wanted to do right now was stretch his limbs.

America peacefully laid on the bed without a noise, his eyes were still quite sore from crying last night but it was hardly noticeable in the first place.

Slowly the smaller boy's eyes fluttered open, his eye lashes parted as he slowly gained consciousness. "Good morning," he rubbed his eyes facing the standing country.

"What happened last night?" The American asked half lidded and still quite sleepy. Suddenly the hangover hit him like a train. "Shit my head hurts like hell, did I get drunk last night?"

"Yes,"

"Did I... do anything?" He asked a little worried, the tricolored country thought for a quick second before answering, "No you only mumbled a few unimportant things and fell asleep." He lied, the guard wouldn't want the prince to get embarrassed.

"Um okay then," the other answered still a little suspicious. As the hangover went on for awhile he could only remember bits of last night. He remember getting drunk and asking to move to the bed.

A sudden image of him holding onto something flashed in his mind. His whole face turned red, "I hugged you and ordered you to stay in bed with me last night didn't I?

The guard replied without a moment's pause, "yes."

"Ugh this is why I hate drunk me," America massaged his temples, his hangover was still pretty bad.

"I believe it's time for breakfast," Russia took his pocket watch out and scanned the time. The prince's eyebrows twitched at the sight of the pocket watch.

"Right of course," he said begrudgingly and got off the bed. "Yikes my arms are sore," the american then stretched his arms in a circular motion as he placed the other hand on his shoulder.

"Still thinking about last night? Aw don't tell me you actually enjoyed it?" America teased jokingly when he saw the Russians blank and serious expression. "It is my duty to fulfill any order you have for me, whether I enjoy it or not is not important." Russia noticed his face growing warmer but to the other country saw nothing but a blank expression.

"Tch," the prince clicked his tongue and narrowed his eyes a little. "Okay then let's leave."

...

In the dining room he couldn't even focus on his food due to his hangover.

The first thing the prince noticed was two extra people in the dining room. "Prince Germany and Poland," he greeted them while also pointing out that they were there.

"Prince America," they both greeted in return.

The American prince sat down with his head facing downwards while resting on his palm.

"America what's wrong?" His mother worriedly asked her son. "Nothing just a hangover," he replied as nonchalantly as possible.

"Oh so you were drinking last night?" Britain's voice cut in, it was a mixture of curiosity and disappointment. "Yes I was dad, is that so wrong?" The prince raised his head a little so his darker blue eye was visible.

"I was trying to find you the entire night,"

"Not my fault you wasted your time," he internally shrugged, America simply didn't have any energy to move his arms.

"Never mind, anyway Germany and Poland here were about to head home when their carriage broke down so they'll stay here for a few days until their ride is mended." His father tried to explain. America has the expression of "yep I'm listening but I don't care' In his one visible eye.

"Forgive us for intruding," Germany did a slight bow which seemed quite familiar. "It's completely fine, neighboring kingdoms should help each other no?"

...

By the end of breakfast he was completely drained but when he saw the familiar tall man his spirits were somehow lifted. "Hey hey," America skipped over to the other.

They both walked side by side together, as they neared a corner Germany and Poland also turned the corner. "Hello Prince," Germany waved at the other prince. "Hey germs," it was a nickname America made up for Germany back then when they were younger.

"Hey Russia," Germany nonchalantly walked up to Russia and gave him a hug. America stood by the side in disbelief, he felt a pain in his heart he couldn't explain. "Hello Germany," Russia greeted as well.

The thing America noticed was that Russia didn't use honorifics like how he usually addressed the American prince. This only made the pain in his heart increase. He bit the bottom of his lip and forced a smile.

"Germany I'm working right now," Russia said with a blank expression and the usual monotone voice.

"Right sorry," Germany let go and went back to Poland's side. "You two know each other?" America asked curiously but with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Germany was known as the smart prince, he was smart, cunning and fairly good looking as well. On the other hand Poland was not a prince nor a royal, it is unclear what relationship they have but it is said that Germany tutors the young polish man.

Poland had a long and large scar on the top right side of his head. It extended to the tip of his eyelids. Quite a gruesome scar. The polish man was good looking as well but in a different way.

"I guess you could say we're pretty close," a smirked appeared on the german's face.

"Oh... Okay, we're gonna leave now bye bye prince Germany," America practically forcefully tugged at the Russian's uniform to make him move faster. An annoyed expression appeared on America's face, he couldn't suppress it no matter how had he tried to smile.

The prince had already been quite good at hiding his emotions, for all these years he plastered a fake smile even when he knew the rumors. He never had trouble until now for some reason.

As the weight of his chest grew heavier he didn't know where he was dragging the two of them. "Prince where are we going?" The Russian asked confused, he followed wherever he was dragged by his prince.

"Let's go to the stables," the prince replied hurriedly, his voice was a mixture of annoyance and sweetness.

Russia couldn't help but let his cheeks turn a little pink as they both trudged off to where the stables were while one walking in a hurried manner.

-----------------------

Note : 1 spell check