Sakura Leaves Amid The Rain

"How about we get outta here?"

The American stared at Russia, his eyes sparkled as something seemed to spark in him.

"I honestly just want a break from all this, how about we explore the town? I heard the scenery is very nice here." He persistently asked. As much as the Russian wanted to refuse so America would go back to the party, he couldn't.

The taller man thought about it long and hard in silence. Should he refuse so America could do his duty as the prince or should he accept because he wanted to go? "Well even if you're not going I'm still leaving see ya."

"Wait."

A smirk appeared on the prince's face, he knew fully well that Russia couldn't let him get hurt and he'd be extra cautious when it comes to going to town due to that one kidnapping incident from around three months ago.

"I'll go, you can't go by yourself," Russia sighed in defeat, though he actually felt quite happy that he could come along.

In all honesty America was quite disappointed, he really wanted a reaction out of his guard when he said that he'd go alone. But his face was a block of ice.

They both sneaked out in the end, turns out America had been here quite a few times, just never out of the main building itself. Somehow the mischievous boy found a passage that led outside in the garden.

They walked through the fairly narrow passage, Russia's head pressed against the ceiling. It was quite the nice evening, the sun was just about to set, basking the kingdom in a soft purple shade.

When they reached the end of the passage Sakura leaves fell atop their heads. "Woah, there's Sakura leaves outside the town gates, they're so pretty!" America admired as he fiddled with the soft pink leaves in between his slender fingers.

"Let's go inside, there's not much people at this time due to the celebration at the main building, since they can't go there personally the townspeople usually celebrate it in their houses," America walked through the gates, Russia following soon after. "After all their respected princess is getting engaged..."

A tiny bit of sadness lingered in his voice but before Russia could reply the prince gasped in excitement. "The food stalls! I heard food here is extremely nice, wanna try some?" America pointed at a random stall.

Russia didn't even need to reply, the feisty shorter boy dragged him over to the stall. Flags hung above the stall with Japanese writing on them. "What would you boys like?" The lady at the counter asked in English.

"Ooh you can speak English!" The prince exclaimed, "why of course, I get visitors from other kingdoms a lot so learning other languages was mandatory for a stall owner like me," she smiled proudly.

"Well we'll have whatever is selling the best right now!" America gave a dorky smile. The Russian could only narrow his eyes at the lady.

"Alright coming right up!" She then left the front counter and prepared the food. "Does she not recognize our statuses because people here aren't familiar with different culture's royal outfits?" The Russian asked curiously, face as neutral and stiff as ever.

"Probably so,"

The lady came back with a plate in hand, she handed it to them. "Here are mochi's, it's been very famous lately I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, here," the American placed a silver coin on the table. "Oh this is too much-"

"Here, I'm paying, keep the change," Russia swept away the silver coin and placed a golden one instead from behind America. In a flash he grabbed the plate and was already walking away before America could protest.

"Your friend over there has a scary face, what's up with him?"

"He's not as bad as he seems, anyway thank you bye bye!" America walked off as well as he waved at her one last time.

He stood next to the taller Russian, Russia handed him the plate of mochi's. "Hey what was that about!? That was from your share of pay wasn't it?"

"Yes."

"You didn't have to pay for that! Now I feel guilty..." the American stared at the plate of food and plopped one in his mouth. "If you feel guilty then feed me one of the mochi's."

America almost spat out his food, "why so sudden!?" He exclaimed in surprised as he grew more and more flustered. "F-fine."

He took one and suspended it in front of his guard's face as he took a bite out of half of it. "Not bad," the taller male mumbled.

Russia walked away without another word, "what about the rest?" The American raised an eyebrow, still holding the half eaten mochi and the plate. "You can have the rest."

"Fine," he said as he ate the mochi in his hand.

America could only see his guard's back, while Russia's heart was doing backflips for some reason. "It's getting cloudy maybe we should head back." America caught up to Russia just as he finished the rest of the food.

The prince dusted off his hands against each other.

"I will follow your command," The tricolored country managed to clear his mind again.

Mid way as they walked back thunder shot through the sky and it started raining.

They both hurriedly sprinted back to the passage they came out of, on the way there they saw a very beautiful lake shrouded in Sakura trees. It seemed the glow under the moonlight.

By now they didn't really care that they were drenched in rainwater, the water just kept pouring down either way.

There was a bridge from one side to the other, America chuckled before running up the bridge. "Careful you'll slip," Russia followed in pursuit.

They stood atop the bridge facing each other staring into each other's eyes. Rain slid down both their faces. "Then hold my hand so I don't fall." America said with a warm smile.

"Okay," the Russian obediently agreed, a pink shade dusted across his cheeks, it wasn't noticeable in the rain though. The Russia's expression relaxed for the first time to America.

Albeit he didn't smile but his skin seemed to glow under the moonlight. Rain droplets nested on his hair, Russia tenderly held America's hand intertwining their fingers.

"Let's go, we'll catch a cold if we stay too long," America radiantly smiled, water seemed to fall down his eyelashes, his eyes stood out, the two different shades of blue.

One ocean blue and the other Celeste blue.

The Sakura leaves whisked past them with ease.

And so they both walked back to the main building with their hands intertwined. Only did they let go when they reached the front of the main hall.

-----------------------

enjoy the fluff

Notes : 1 spell check