Chapter 9-

(Still kinda sick but hey I tried to write a new chapter and the picture I used for this chapter isn't mine I just love it. If this somehow happens to be yours and you don't want it for this story message me and I will find a way to take it down.)

Chapter 9--

Natsume

I shoved my arms under my head. One minute I am acting nice to the bullied girl and the next I am catching her. She fainted after her stomach growled.

An hour ago I didn't know it was possible to pity someone. I didn't know anyone had a worse life.

I pulled my arms from under my head and then proceeded to lay on my side. I'm curious. Curiosity killed the cat because curiosity was a dog person not because its dangerous.

It can't be dangerous to get close to her. If the bullied girl did end up being a criminal she would be an awful one. She couldn't swing at me if she readied her arm for ten years. She looked like she barely had muscle.

Slowly I heard groans coming from the other bed. I quickly slipped the curtain across the rack. I listened carefully as sounds enacted from only feet away. Eventually the few feet away got to all the way across the room.

I listened as her thin body slumped into what sounded like a chair. The box of crackers being opened and her violently chewing. The nurse was blabbing in the room next to us but I payed no attention.

I got tired of waiting for her to do something exciting. I zoned out. My crimson eyes were glued to the ceiling. What was her name?

Luna called her name in the hallway. Was I to focused on Ruka's words to pay attention? No. It was there. Floating in my mind. How do I pull a single piece of information out of everything I knew? Then again how do I do anything?

Mulan? No that's a Disney movie but I'm getting somewhere. Milan! That's not a Disney movie but it sounds more like a command than someone's name. M.... Milan.....M...Mikan. Her name is Mikan.

When I came back to it Mikan and the nurse were talking. Mikan wasn't talking as much. Maybe she is just quiet. I don't know anymore.

I grew bored. I pursed my lips together and then came to the final decision to swing the curtain open. I took not even a step out before Mikan turned her hazel eyes towards my face.

Didn't somebody tell her stating is rude? I quickly shook it off. A few moments before she passed out I was playing nice guy. I'm a nice guy. I walked up to her.

I don't know how to be nice. I opened my mouth but quickly closed it as she hopped out of her seat. She handed me my notebook.

What. The. Hell. I told her she could sit with me at lunch if she gave it to me then. I told her that. I kindly invited her. I don't something nice.

I took a deep breath. "Thanks." I muttered angrily. I jerked my notebook into my own hands. I stomped out of the nurse's office. Slamming the door behind me I finally showed how pissed off I was.

That's why Luna hates Mikan. Mikan is a bitch. Screw pitying her. Mikan deserves everything that is happening to her. I skipped the rest of class and began to laugh at Ruka's words.

Nobody has a worse life than me. I gave being nice a try. Somebody waved it off like it was nothing. Fuck being nice. I can tell you right now Mikan doesn't deserve anything nice. Mikan might as well be labeled as the worst human alive.

I sulked in the bathroom stall. I stayed there until lunch.