Hyrule's Sake: botw!Link x Reader

Living in Hateno Village, you had a pretty peaceful life. From picking fruits off of bushes and trees to running around in the grass.

You were even friends with the hero of Hyrule, Link. Yes, that Link that is Princess Zelda's knight. And you were best friends. You and Link were similar in a way, since you both enjoyed fighting, so you could train together without any bother in the world.

But as the time went, he moved out of Hateno, and into the castle, and he stopped visiting you. You understood though, because he had an important job to do. And when the time went by, you matured and grew up to be a beautiful/handsome woman/man. You then had to do the jobs of the people of Hateno, cleaning your house and doing the normal duties of an adult.

You also had this very unique power that controlled monsters around you. You could somehow communicate with them, and they were your only friends since the children were afraid of you.

One day, the Princess came by, along with Link. You were overjoyed to see him, but he changed as well. He had a blue tunic and a very sharp, powerful looking sword. He also matured in emotions, with a cold look on his face. It was almost like he was emotionless. You went from a happy smile to a frown as Link didn't immediately greet you with happiness.

"Y/N of Hateno Village, the King of Hyrule has requested your presence at Hyrule Castle. He would like if you packed up your things to move with us, if you please." The Princess spoke in an almost bored voice, with a saddened tone. You would get it, since they are dealing with hard times trying to conquer the Calamity.
"Of course, your highness." You replied, instantly walking away to get your supplies.

Once you were all packed, you saw the two figures waiting outside for you, near the entrance of the peaceful village. Once you walked over you began your journey to the Castle.

You still glanced at the silent knight, still looking forward. He didn't even seem to be that amused to take care of his own horse. When you arrived you saw King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule standing in the middle of the huge gate that was the entrance to Hyrule Castle. It was all stone and metal, and not very decorative to you.

"Ah, Y/N. I am so glad you came to the castle. I would like you to speak with me, alone." He glared at the Princess, who looked away. You followed him as he led you into the main room, the sanctum.

"As you know Hyrule has to deal with the upcoming calamity, and it is coming quick." You nodded your head in agreement, watching everyone suspiciously in case something happened.

"Well, the champions, the Princess and her knight have been having some hard times preparing with the calamity themselves, especially Link." He looked back at you with determination.

"Well, I would like you to become a champion so you can help aid Hyrule in our battle. I have heard that you have some sort of power?" He questioned. You approved, and he continued.

"Well, we will test that power. And when that works, we can use it in the battle so you could possibly talk to them. Understand Y/N?" He turned to you with an intense stare, which made you very uncomfortable.

"Yes, your highness." You replied.

"We will test out your power in front of the champions, with the Princess and her knight in an hour. Please be ready by then, and I'll see you soon." The king waved you off.

~Time Skip~

"I'm ready." You said, looking at the maid at your door. You took your sword in case something happened.

"Y/N." The Princess looked at you in worry. You guess she didn't know the power you held. "We have brought a big monster called a Lynel. Please be careful."