Stay - Mipha and Male! Child Reader

"I just want to escape."

Y/N is a male child living on the streets of a loud and cramped city. Being an orphan with nowhere to go, he always struggled with the simplicities of survival, such as food, water, shelter, and much more.

One thing had irritated him the most, though. He absolutely despised witnessing the dark alleyways of the city, and also watching as people just passed by him and not caring for a boy who had been through so many traumatizing events. He hated the city, he wanted to be set free from this life. Not in the way that most people think it would be, but to just exist somewhere more thriving. With few to no people, and absolutely everything was gorgeous and just naturally beautiful. He could have made his own life in such a place. But no matter how hard he tried, he could never be able to leave the place. This was his home, where he was born.

But he had to let go of the past, and let go of everything had bothered him. Worrying over such a thought wouldn't get him anywhere. So maybe he should go. Maybe he could be free once again.

Y/N stood up from his place on the ground. In this one narrow place in between two large apartments, many thoughts had laid there. He couldn't live here any longer, and would kill to get rid of the retched scent that surrounded the area. With all of that in mind, he started walking away, to a place far away from here. There was nothing left in this particular city for the boy.

~ Mipha's POV ~

Hyrule was a complete disaster at the moment. At one certain point in time, I had gathered around the east gate of Necluda, patiently waiting Princess Zelda's arrival with Link. And the next thing I knew, I was swimming around the borders of the deep lake where Ruta had resided. Calamity Ganon, he had finally arrived after 10,000 years of building his strength. Not a single soul had believed that he would arrive at such a time in life, but time waits for no one. I had not even said goodbye to my own friends once we had all figured out that Ganon was on the rise. Daruk instructed that we all immediately go to our divine beasts so we could travel to a decent vantage point to help Link when he had to face the Calamity head on.

I was about to confess my undying love for Link to the whole group until a rumble had been detected from under the ground. I tried my best to stand upright and not fall, and when I heard an uproar from the castle, I had recognized what was happening. It was all so quick: I dived into the water without hesitation and made my way without taking a break. I knew that everyone would be trying their best to keep Ganon from ruling Hyrule over. It's was like all the past generations, they had all protected Hyrule and its people, so I had to do the same. With Vah Ruta by my side, I would be indestructible.

That was, until I step foot into Ruta. I had felt an eerie feeling in the main room, and with a shaky breath I had stepped towards the control room, where a malice-infested terminal had waited for me. I could have sworn that before I left, there was no trace of dark magic in the beast. So whatever creation was in here, it had beat me. But I still stepped forward, not aware that a loud pitched scream would ring.

There was a huge, yet frail and skinny creature, all covered in the same guck that had been surrounding the terminal earlier. A blue spear had been summoned from the beast, and floated its way into the critters hands. Red and black particles had rose into the air, and I swiftly took my trident out.

And thus, started the beginning of the end.

~~~

You ran as fast as you could. Even though there was no reason to do so, you kept your pace at a fast rate. Had you so desperately wanting to get away from the rotted and deformed city, and now you were doing so. Talk around the city had gave you information that there was a place beyond the city that reached a whole bundle of mountains and beautiful life, and the country protected the wildlife and the area, so everything was in its natural form. And a bonus for you, it was exactly the place that had been on your mind.