I Want To Be Like You!: Link and Sibling!Reader

REQUESTED BY @Soggy0Cracker! Thank you so much for requesting! 

"See? I can fight too!"

"No Y/N, you just hit a tree..." 

"That's still fighting! I fought a tree!"

Y/N always wanted to be like their older brother, Link. They had always admired how brave he was, and was even the one that told him to try out for the Royal Guard, like their dad. Out of love, Link agreed, but wasn't so sure that he would get in. 

But Y/N knew. They knew that with the raw talent of their brother, he would be able to do anything!

"Well? Did you get in?!" 

"Yeah! I don't know why though..." 

"It's because you're so heroic! You are gonna be the best soldier out there!" 

"Good job, I guess." Link chuckled. You looked at him with a gleam in your eyes. 

"YEAH I DID A GOOD JOB! Maybe one day I can go up to the big snowy mountain next to home and defeat that huge blue dragon!" 

"...Wait, a dragon?!" 

You laughed at your brother. "You're so silly Link." You poked at his arm. 

"No, you're the silly one for thinking that there's a dragon on top of Mount Lanayru." 

You huffed. Trying to convince Link that these type of things were real never worked. After arguing with him for a little bit, your mother came out to tell Link to get going so he could train at the castle. 

"Bye Link! DO YOUR BEST!" You waved at him as he ran down the hill and to his horse. 

When Link was out of sight, your face slumped as you looked to your mom. "Why does he have to leave so early, and arrive late in the night?"

"Because sweetie, Link has to train to become really strong so he can help defend the kingdom!" Trying to cheer you up, your mother told you about how strong Link would become if he did his work. 

"Does he get a break though?" 

"I don't know dear. He does stay home for the holidays, though." 

Your face brightened a little. "So that means me and Linky can go up the mountain and defeat the dragon!" 

"Yes! Wait... WHAT?" 

"Nothing mom!" You exclaimed as you climbed down a cliff and to the Retsam Forest.

There were days where you'd stay in the forest until night, and you even traveled out of the forest and all over Hateno Village. This was one of those nights. You snuck out of the village quickly, over to the field of trees where monsters lurked. These monsters were only red bokoblins, and you had learned how to defeat them with just a stick! 

Although the first time you encountered them, you screamed so loud that you got caught and was then and there forbidden to leave Hateno Village. That wasn't fair, so you learned to sneak out of the village with super stealth! 

After defeating all of the noob monsters, it was sunset. You were still restless though, and stayed outside to catch some of the fireflies that appeared at night. You were so focused on crouching down to examine the fireflies up close that you got startled when you heard a squeal from your left. You immediately whipped out your stick after regaining your balance after falling on your head, and walked closer to the sound. 

Once you came closer, you examined the situation and realized that someone had just killed an animal. But that person was no ordinary person. 

You had recognized the person from their red clothing and white mask. Even though you were shocked, you had to refrain yourself from screaming. Your brain told you that there was no way that you could fight a Yiga member, but your body said otherwise. 

You let out a battle cry and hit the back of the yiga with your stick. To your surprise, the stick had immediately broken, dealing no damage to the foe whatsoever. 

You gasped and backed away once the Yiga faced you. 

"You foolish child! How dare you try to hurt me? I am a yiga, fear me!" You attempted to try and run away, only to be caught with a swift movement. 

I guess this is the end. 

Sarcasm rang through your head. You hated cocky people, like, a lot. You rolled your eyes, pretending not to care that you got caught. 

"Whatever, my life isn't worth it. Still knowing that, what're you gonna do? Kill an innocent child? HOW COULD YOU!" You kicked and threw a tantrum, trying to annoy the yiga. 

"Hey you!" 

A familiar voice had forced you to stop moving in the enemies' arms. You had been turned around by the Yigas movements to see the one and only, Link! 

Link had his sword out, in a ready stance. The yiga chuckled, setting you down before getting in a stance similar to Link's. You watched as Link quickly finished the foe off with a deal to the head. The Yiga had disappeared in red smoke, revealing some rupees and bananas. Your eyes shone with excitement. 

"LIIIIIIIIINK!" You jumped into your brother's arms. "I knew you would save me!" 

Link hugged you and checked to see if you were alright before getting a scolding from him. 

"What if I wasn't here? You could've died!" 

"Sorry Linky. BUT HE WAS THE ONE THAT TRIED TO-" 

"That yiga was a huge one, that probably why there are some bananas with the rupees."

"HEY! YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED ME! HEY LINKY! TALK TO ME!" 

Link looked at you with a smile. "Lets have a deal. I won't tell mom this, and you have to cook dinner tonight." 

You looked at your brother with a questioning face before an offended "HUH?!" came out of your mouth. 

"It's only fair. Unless you want me to tell mo-" 

"NO I THINK I'LL DO DINNER TONIGHT." 

You and Link both laughed before walking toward your house. There was a silence before Link broke it with a question. 

"But why didn't you hide? Did you decide to fight him or did he find you?" 

"I fought him!" 

Link started to question your actions. "But.. why?!" 

Your mouth formed an 'o' for a second, before you realized the question. With your hands behind your back, you smiled up at your brother. 

"Because I want to be like you!"