I Choose You - Zelda x Link

"Zelda, everyone is arriving. Please be ready soon." Princess Zelda's father called out to her. The princess sighed as she looked at her outfit. Today was the day that Zelda's father brought all boys in the kingdom to be inspected. Why? Well, because Zelda was to be assigned a man to be her partner by the end of the night. She was quite worried, but Link, her childhood friend, told her that he'd be there to help her choose the right man.

"Princess! Are you done changing?" One of the maids asked. Zelda looked to the door to see a woman named Alyssa (if your name is Alyssa, then AYEEEE) standing at the door. Her outfit was a knee-high light purple dress with a pink lace wrapped around her torso. Cute flower patterns were stitched across the bottom of the dress while she wore white gloves and a purple ribbon in her silky brown hair. The maids had a theme for dresses for every ball that was held. This time, the king wanted to make this ball as fancy and splendid as it could ever be.

"Oh my Hylia, Alyssa. You look divine!" Zelda adored her outfit as Alyssa twirled around.

"Thank you Princess! Now we should get you changed into your outfit! It is after all, your ball!" Zelda stopped for a moment, then turned to see her dress. She had always dreaded this happening, when her mother had told stories of princesses choosing a man to be her husband. She groaned as she walked up to the stunning outfit laid before her.

"Okay, I'll put it on." The Princess got changed into her dress privately, then came out for Alyssa to look. When she saw Alyssa gawking at the outfit, she turned around and faced the mirror to see for herself. Zelda was met with a cerulean blue dress with many gold patterns that went all around her dress. A white lace was tied around her torso with a ribbon tied in the back. The dress went right to the floor, perfect for her height, and the sleeves were off shoulder which created quite a nice fashion sense. She stared in awe as she stared at her green eyes reflecting back to her own self. She felt like a goddess.

Then Alyssa did Zelda's hair, braiding lots of strands of golden locks, then tying them together to create a braid bun. Loose strands of hair flowed on her shoulders like a golden waterfall, and then Alyssa put a blue hairband in her hair to keep everything up. Light makeup was also applied to Zelda's face, and the rest of the accessories matched up perfectly. It all went together beautifully.

"Does.. Does it look okay?" Zelda asked Alyssa. Alyssa widened her eyes.

"Okay? You look absolutely gorgeous! I bet the man you choose will be very grateful and lucky to have you as his wife." Alyssa held her hand out for the princess to take, and they both walked out of Zelda's room. They both went to a balcony, where they got to see the view of all of the men arriving in carriages all across Hyrule. They were all dressed in luxurious tuxedos, a very 'dress to impress' thing to do. But one man stood out of all of them. That one specific blonde boy that wore a royal blue tuxedo.

- Link's POV -

"Oh man, aren't you excited about this, bro? Any man has a chance with the Princess." The man next to me said. I was a little weirded out that every man that was single had to go to the castle and the Princess had to decide which man she wanted.

"Oh, sorry sir. I'm not here for that." I smiled as I thought of the Princess' reaction to her seeing me here.

"Nah, I bet you're here for the SAME exact reason I'm here." The man smirked. I sheepishly smiled at the man.

"Oh, so you're a childhood friend of the Princess herself and is going to help her choose the right man for her to marry? I would be surprised." I watched as the man blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, not wanting to speak anymore. I faced to the front of the carriage, but then a certain princess was spotted out of the corner of my eye.