Chapter 7: Truth

Minho's POV:

'Taemin, baby talk to me. Don't worry, I'm on my way...' I pleaded as I ran faster than I've ever ran before, fear feeding my adrenaline and muscles, urging me to go faster.

My pack kept pace, something I was proud of considering how fast I was going. The fact that their Luna, their 'queen' was in danger gave them the energy to kept pace. Jonghyun was the only on that almost rivaled my speed, his worry for Key also rivaling my own.

'Minho...Two rogue scouts were here. Unlucky for them, they messed with the wrong bitch.' I could feel the anger and power through our bond and I almost laughed. Leave it to Minnie to be angry and all alpha bitch instead of frightened. That's my mate. Both Aides and I swelled with pride seeing our mate protecting our pack, but then something clicked.

'Where are you? And wait, what did you mean by that?' I hope I didn't understand what I think I did.

'N-nothing, Key's calling me. I'm at the pack house. The rogues are being held at the dungeons. The rest of the Royal Guard that you left here to guard came in handy.' I could almost see his eyes shift to the left, avoiding letting me see the truth.

'This is far from over, Choi Taemin, what were you thinking?!' Now I was pissed. 'If something were to happen to you or our child-'

'But nothing happened. Now shut up and come home.'

I just ran faster, pissed as hell at him, Aides driven by our fury and strengthening me further. By the way Jonghyun speed up with me, Key was in deep shit too.

We made it in record time, taking less than half the time we did when we left. Some mates and servants were waiting with clothes for us. Neither Taemin nor Key were outside, so I guessed they were hiding from us. That had Aides growling.

"Where's Taemin?" I asked a maid as I put my sweats on.

"Luna said that he wasn't feeling well so he went to laid down on his room."

"WHAT?! And you didn't call the doctor or anything?!" The fear that enter my body was chilling me to the bone. Aides urged me to go to them and stop wasting time. I had to hold him back before he took control and barged in.

"N-no, I didn't since Dr. Choi went to check on him." The maid trembled a little and I willed my body to calm down. Nobody knew yet about the pregnancy, so I have to be careful. I exhale loudly and looked up, calming myself further.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped like that. Go, prepare some food and rooms for our guests please."

"Yes alpha." She bowed a little and left.

Without wasting time, I went upstairs to our room. Opening the door, I found a sleeping pale Taemin with a fever as Key wiped out the sweat.

"What's wrong?!" I began to panic, afraid of the outcome.

"Don't worry, he's alright. It's just his body changing to accommodate the baby better. Remember that different to humans, we only have six months of gestation to do the work usually nine months do." Key said while whipping a cold towel on Minnie's forehead. "Here, give him a cold shower and lay him to rest, he should be fine by tomorrow." And with that he stood up and left us alone.

I went to work at once, undressing him carefully. I went to the bathroom and prepared the shower with all the things he liked and went for him.

"It's cold." Minnie said as soon as he got in the shower.