Chapter 9: Last Night

Taemin's POV:

The pounding in my head reminded me why I stopped drinking a few years ago. As I opened my eyes, the blinding lights of the morning sun forced me to close them again and groan as I move to the other end of the bed to try and hide from it. Thank the goddess for the maid that entered at that moment and, seeing my discomfort, she went and close the curtains.

"Thank you." I murmured gladly at her.

She smiled and nodded, bringing my breakfast to the bed.

"Huh?" I asked confused since I never took my breakfast in bed.

"Alpha Minho ordered this since you are still recovering from the events."

"Well, you can tell Alpha Minho to stop being so damn protective!" I growled under my breath as I crossed my arms on my torso, sulking for all that was worth.

"Or you can tell him yourself." I quickly turned to the massive double doors. There he was, in all his sexy and yummy glory, with a freaking smirk on his face. He was wearing a white t-shirt that clung to his every muscle, some black cargo pants and black combat boots. His hair was ruffled, as if he just came out of bed after a long marathon of hard, intense, sheet-clawing fuc-OKAY! So not the images I need in my mind right now! Damn him for being so perfect.

"Oh no baby, I'm far from perfect. You can go Marie, I'll deal with my mate." the maid bowed and left, a hint of a smile in her lips. "You finished checking me out?" He arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms in his strong, sexy chest, leaning on the door frame. Shit, he looks like a model from a magazine...

"You! What is the meaning of this?" I said pointing to the delicious, mouthwatering eggs, sausage and bacon, totally evading his question.

"Breakfast in bed?" He asked arching a brow. I pouted and tsked loudly for him to hear.

"You're lucky I'm so hungry I could eat for two." I said and started to eat. Damn, this was good!

"But you are eating for two, you dummy..." He said and I looked up from my food at him. The love and tenderness in his gaze were such that it almost brought me to tears. Almost.

"So, why breakfast in bed?" I changed the topic.

"Because you're in no condition to go downstairs." He literally proclaimed and sat at my side on the bed while crossing his arms on his chest, again. I could see how one of his eyes quickly changed color, letting me know Aides was pretty much who proclaimed that.

"Minho, I'm pregnant, not sick. Stop overprotecting me. Even though I love your caveman side, it's starting to annoy me." I glared at him cutely. "By the way, I want to run, I need to let Kore free, and I want you to come with me."

"Are you crazy?! After what happened a couple of days ago you want me to let you run?" He asked in disbelief. His voice turned a bit deeper and I saw one eye fully change color to the icy blue I love so much. Apparently both him and Aides were dead set in this.

"Yes, and I wouldn't be alone, you would be with me. Both of you." I moved my plate away and straddle him, taking his face in my hands. "Look, I need to run. Kore needs it and Key told me that is good exercise and that is needed. Please, come run with me. We don't even have to leave the pack house. I just need to shift and run a little." I pleaded him, kissing every inch of his face with tiny little kisses.

"You so owe us tonight." He said and, taking my face in his hands, kissed me like there was no tomorrow. "We'll go after you're done eating." He murmured against my lips and I nodded fervently and happily.